Knee / Shin pads for shorter people? Fox Launch SM or Fox Launch shorty?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Knee / Shin pads for shorter people? Fox Launch SM or Fox Launch shorty?

Hi, I am Anybody have the Fox Launch shorty knee shin guards? Sizing only shows one size fits all but what I am keen to know is the length of the shin guard and specifically if it will protect against the pedals (flats with studs) messing up my shins?

Reason why I am considering the shorter version is I worry the full length is too long for me (even the small/medium size) but maybe the shorter version will offer enough protection given my height? I am 5.5ft (165cm) with a shin length of 30cm (11.8inches) measured from the bottom of my knee cap to the top of my foot.

Thanks!

DynoDon
    you can go to some motorcycle/motocross shops that have Fox stuff in stock, and try them on, thats where I picked up some Fox Titans shin guards for $17.00 and they are short.. best to try them on though.. good luck

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    No clue where would stock Fox guards in Switzerland so ordering online. Will try find somewhere but if anyone on the forum knows general sizes, would be helpful! Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I had the fox launch shorty pads. The protection was fine but I found they slid down on my legs more than the full length ones.

I now run the fox knee sleeves with moto guards tucked in and they don't go anywhere.

Also, my wife has the TLD Lopes setup which Is similar to what I run and would be a good length for you

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I am 5'5.5" with a 30 inch inseam. The lizard skins knee shin combo are too long. They dig into the front of my ankles when pedalling. Ive resorted to knee only pads.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by toast33
    This chart is useless. It does not say how long the shin guard is. The pair I ordered fits my legs and runs into the top of my foot. No good. I had not seen the shorty version and I bet its sizing chart is just as bad for length. I will probably have to cut mine somehow to shorten them, then you run into the lower strap that is right there.
    So it goes when u order online.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Sucks to say but you should really go and give them try, that's the only way you'll know for sure

Members who have read this thread: 0