• 06-30-2018
    Josh-L
    Knee and elbow pads for 9 year old
    Our local park requires knee/elbow pads. My 9 year old is on the smaller side. He currently has just a cheap pair of pads that came with some roller blades. Looking to get him something better. Having some issues finding some nice ones that are small enough. He weighs about 55 pounds.
  • 06-30-2018
    thesmokingman
    I ended up using Alpinestars Paragon pads... albeit adult mediums for his knees. The super small sizes were still too large for 10 yr old joints. Didn't need elbows.
  • 07-02-2018
    Kingfisher2011
  • 07-02-2018
    mahgnillig
    Fox makes some really tiny gear marketed towards moto riders that will work for him on the bike. I saw them in person yesterday at my local Cycle Gear. They looked like they were decent quality [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
  • 07-19-2018
    svinyard
    Just got some IXS Carve Evo+ knee pads for large 6yro. He started racing DH and some light freeride etc. They are SUPER nice with a lot of coverage and significant protection. Fit amazing tho undersized in the chart. Better than the Fox ones we had, WAY better than garbage GForms he has too. Much better fit that silly Leatt kids ones (monstrously large and terrible fit).
  • 07-20-2018
    Kingfisher2011
    svinyard, what size did you go with? I'm looking at the IXS pads but want to verify sizing.
  • 07-20-2018
    svinyard
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingfisher2011 View Post
    svinyard, what size did you go with? I'm looking at the IXS pads but want to verify sizing.

We did a kids medium. Kids small is REAL small. Their sizing chart is off. My 6yr is bigger. 50in 55lbs. I think his upper thigh is like 10.5in but don't quote me on that. Kids medium is great. The pads are dope. Really impressed