knapps castle helmet cam

Printable View

• 01-12-2007
    dezul43
    knapps castle helmet cam
  • 01-12-2007
    DHidiot
    I am sure it's most likely the compression, but I have ridden that trail dozens and dozens of times and I really can't tell what's going on in that video. From what I can see it was taken real early in the morning too so you're consistently going in and out of shaded areas in the fast sections up top.

Or maybe you're just going too fast trying to keep up with Danny boy :thumsup:.

The TW vids look way cool though, probably since there's no shadows. What kind of setup are you running for your helmet cam?
  • 01-12-2007
    dezul43
    you tube doesnt do the run justice. we rode at 8:30 am last saturday. some areas i had to look down bcuz the light shines directly in your eyes. dan is fast......first run i chased noah and second rode behind dan. i really enjoyed the g-out to the fast flowy section up top. carried some speed up there. also had fun aiming my way through the end section known as pinball with some confidence.
    i run the viosport adventure 3 helmet cam attached to a sony dctrv-22 mini-dv camera in my camelback. i am waiting on my lanc remote. find that it is to much work to keep taking off pack to play/stop. i am trying to compress the vid as best as i can. pm me if you want a copy. i will try and email it.................
  • 01-12-2007
    misctwo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dezul43

good work! i like that trail. a LOT
  • 01-13-2007
    DHidiot
    Who the hell calls that section "Pinball"?? It's way fast and flowey especially for an SB rockgarden. And yes, Dan can be pretty quick....
  • 01-13-2007
    scabrider
    very nice...
  • 01-13-2007
    YetiCruz
    Is that a shuttle run? How many runs can you get in a day? I saw the film and it runs over 10min, looks like alot of fun.
  • 01-13-2007
    DHidiot
    If you aren't stopping and you know the trail you can get done in about 7 minutes easy. The limiting factor is the car usually. There's no real close place to gas up and the car takes longer to get down than the riders at that pace. If you're fast at packing up and just going you can get as many runs in as daylight allows.
  • 01-13-2007
    scabrider
    we normally allow 15-20 minutes per run because 2 of the guys i ride with aren't very quick. we usually do anywhere from 1-5 runs but you could easily do 10+ in a day. in my experience it's a good trail to do a couple of times and then go hit a couple more trails...
  • 01-13-2007
    DHidiot
    I've always found the best way to do it is drop the more grueling frontside trails quickly early in the day since those are the hardest on your hands/forearms and just keep dropping Knapps until you're toasted or it gets dark. That followed by campfire/beer at the castle itself makes for a kickass day.
  • 01-13-2007
    matt
    Maybe try hosting them on putfile? I've heard that improves video quality. Looks like a fun trail and pretty long too, I just can't really tell what is going on.
  • 01-13-2007
    pvflyer
    Lots of good video here today.....thanks!
  • 01-14-2007
    scabrider
    tequepis to knapps x2 to arroyo burro is a really fun day...
  • 01-15-2007
    dezul43
    posting new videos soon on YouTube..........