Kids gloves and hydration packs.Suggestions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Kids gloves and hydration packs.Suggestions?

Hi guys, I am looking for suggestions on the above for 4-6 yr olds. I am in New Zealand and the local importers do not carry kids gear so I will be buying from the states. Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    I have a set of These for my 3 and 5 year old. The small is great for both of them. As for a hydro-pack I think Camelback makes them for kids.

mtbr member
    My daughter has a Camelbak Skeeter and it works well for her. I have to keep telling her not to drink so much otherwise she'll be sorry!

Last year my daughter got some Trek gloves but this spring when it was still cold she got some full finger Fox gloves.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I just bought my son a skeeter as well. He really likes it, but he sucks it dry really quick due to the novelty, I keep telling him that he doesn't have to keep the tube in his mouth the whole time. I think he will get used to rationing himself as time goes on. I found some Bontrager kids gloves at the LBS and they work good.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/...melbak+skeeter

jalopy jockey
    Jun 2007
    great gloves
    http://www.rei.com/product/796187

And the Camelbak mini mule rocks. Both my boys have one. The oldest will be 6 next week. All the snacks and water they could ever need
    http://www.rei.com/product/795865

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    My daughter finally got her first chance to use her new Mini Mule today and she loved it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I got my two boys the camelbak mini mules and the fox full finger gloves. Can't go wrong with a mini mule. I think the bladders are 70 oz.

mtbr member
    Performance kids Kaleidoscope gloves are very easy for my daughter to put on - wide closure on the back.

https://www.performancebike.com/bike...ductId=1018450

mtbr member
    Our son started with the Camelbak "Skeeter" and moved up to the "Mini Mule" when he wanted to carry snacks and be able to strap on a jacket, etc... Both use the small, 36oz or so bladder and both are great products. The Mini Mule is outstanding.

In terms of kids gloves, which are so essential to happiness if they every fall off, I've had good luck with Performance, REI and the Fox Racing clearance page.

Rollin' a fatty
    +1 on the Skeeter, for gloves try Fox

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I bought baseball gloves for my son - full finger, several sizes, and cheap at Walmart or Big5.

Hey 4mula1: It is a nice week to be a McLaren Fan...WhoooHoooo!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Hope

Quote Originally Posted by integral
    Hi guys, I am looking for suggestions on the above for 4-6 yr olds. I am in New Zealand and the local importers do not carry kids gear so I will be buying from the states. Thanks in advance

Wait!!! I am in Wellington New Zealand and have a 5 year old girl that has been in gear for the last 18 months. She rides with tiny little fox gloves which I got from Burkes cycles (which they ordered in specially but without any problem for me). She also has a pixies camel pack (which I got when Skiing at Whakapapa) but I am sure they would be able to get this in too). Just let me know what you want and I can talk to the guys about what you need, or if you email them through orders ([email protected]) which will get a guy called Brent. If you need then get him to forward your email on to me (Vicki) then we can link up through email. No i don't work for these guys, it is just they have given me great service and get me what ever I need.

For the example here is a picture of my then 4 year old when she did the 5 km Kid Karapoti race in Feb this year. She is also in a shirt and bike shorts from there as well. The shirt is a little loose as although I am happy to spend money on kids bikes I get cheap and got the 8 year old size.

I also ended up having to import kids gloves for Winter which are basicallly very small ski gloves, and am just waiting for the weather to turn to try them out, but can give you the source for that as well if needed.

I hope that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kids gloves and hydration packs.Suggestions?-20x30-kaptr0377.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Hope

Quote Originally Posted by integral

Wait!!! I am in Wellington New Zealand and have a 5 year old girl that has been in gear for the last 18 months. She rides with tiny little fox gloves which I got from Burkes cycles (which they ordered in specially but without any problem for me). She also has a pixies camel pack (which I got when Skiing at Whakapapa) but I am sure they would be able to get this in too). Just let me know what you want and I can talk to the guys about what you need, or if you email them through orders (which will get a guy called Brent) and then get him to forward your email on to me (Vicki) then we can link up through email. No i don't work for these guys, it is just they have given me great service and get me what ever I need.

For the example here is a picture of my then 4 year old when she did the 5 km Kid Karapoti race. She is also in a shirt and bike shorts from there as well. The shirt is a little loose as although I am happy to spend money on kids bikes I get cheap and got the 8 year old size.

I hope that helps. I also ended up having to import kids gloves for Winter which are basicallly very small ski gloves, and am just waiting for the weather to turn to try them out.

Members who have read this thread: 0