Kestrel's and Candy's??- Mtbr.com
    Low speed, High Drag

Kestrel's and Candy's??

Just got a set of Five Ten Kestrel lace up's, and they're not matching up with my Crank Brothers Candy 2 (alloy body) pedals very well.

I can barely get unclipped, and I'm afraid I'm gonna go down if I have to get out of my pedals in a hurry. Anyone else run in to this?? My old Candy 1's don't seem to have a problem, but I'm not too hip on the plastic pedals.

Do the M8000 XT's work better?? The M8020 Tralis?? I love these shoes, and if I have to switch pedals, so be it!!
    I need a cool saying to put here.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Have you looked at whether the pedal body is interfering with the shoe tread? Could be a matter of adding a shim/spacer (this would be my guess) or taking a razor blade to trim off a little of the rubber. Here's a vid explaining setup with a pair of Five Tens.

:nono: :thumbsup:

Low speed, High Drag
    I rode today with the Candy's mounted up. No bueno. I have a carbon shoe protector, a CB shim, and then the cleat, and I still couldn't get clipped out. Never had this problem before and I've been using CB Candy's for years. Very weird. If I clip the shoe in, there's clearance, but out on the trail, it's nearly impossible for me to get unclipped.

So, I'm gonna try some SPD's and see if that fixes it. I've been wanting to try the XT Trail pedals, anyways!!
    I need a cool saying to put here.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    I don't blame you. Safety has to come first. I only use clipless pedals for road riding at the moment till unclipping becomes second nature. I have a set of the XT (8020) and like them a lot, but you can save a bit of cash and get the lower end model (530) as they work the same as far as I can tell. Just a few grams diff.
    :nono: :thumbsup: