Kali Protectives Interview- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Kali Protectives Interview

I recently did an interview with the founder of Kali and his head of marketing. Check it out below. I've also got a 15% coupon code in the show more.

https://youtu.be/qTxl_EDSEWw
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    My respect for Kali has suddenly increased dramatically. Mainly for sparking research and more meaningful innovation in an industry that was seemingly stale for decades.

Curious about helmet tech, I found the new Bell Super DH uses an updated MIPS spherical system. A low density EPP foam inner shell (softer and capable of taking multiple impacts), loosely suspending a typical EPS foam outer shell.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    That was a great interview Robert! The only problem is that I wish you would have done it two weeks earlier!! I just ordered Leatt Airflex Pro knee and elbow pads. I was seriously considering the Kali Strike pads instead and if I would have seen this interview it would have been a no-brainer! They really seem like an awesome company and hopefully it'll persuade people like me that are one the fence. There's always next time for me!!

Again, great interview Robert and keep up the great work with all of your videos. I look forward to catching your humor in all of them! Let me know when you're heading home to ride, I'd love to get a ride in with ya!!!

mtbr member
    I have the Strike knee pads. I really like them. They were out of stock of the elbows when I talked to Kali last so I can't speak to them.

Short-Change-Hero
    Agree that was an awesome interview and so nice to see a company that actually cares about their riders and people who use their products instead of just slapping their name on something and pushing it out there. Definitely looking at the Maya now for myself as my helmet is about 7yrs old with multiple small crashes but nothing bad enough to cause a dent or to see any fractures in the foam. But at this point it is old enough that it needs to be replaced. Also, always been curious about knee pads so may have to check out the Strikes.

Thanks for what you do Robert.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Agree that was an awesome interview and so nice to see a company that actually cares about their riders and people who use their products instead of just slapping their name on something and pushing it out there. Definitely looking at the Maya now for myself as my helmet is about 7yrs old with multiple small crashes but nothing bad enough to cause a dent or to see any fractures in the foam. But at this point it is old enough that it needs to be replaced. Also, always been curious about knee pads so may have to check out the Strikes.

Thanks for what you do Robert.
    To be transparent I haven't owned another pair of pads to put the Strikes up against, however I don't really have anything bad to say about them. If I had to I would say if I don't take them off after a ride walking around in them for a while they rub a little on my shin. But not anything while riding/hikabiking worth noting.

I also have the Maya. For my melon, it's one of the most comfortable helmets I've had. I am planning on doing a review on the products after I've used them for awhile.

Don't forget that there is a 15% coupon on the Show More or if you are on my Patreon there's a 25%.

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by B1KER View Post
    To be transparent I haven't owned another pair of pads to put the Strikes up against, however I don't really have anything bad to say about them. If I had to I would say if I don't take them off after a ride walking around in them for a while they rub a little on my shin. But not anything while riding/hikabiking worth noting.

I also have the Maya. For my melon, it's one of the most comfortable helmets I've had. I am planning on doing a review on the products after I've used them for awhile.

Don't forget that there is a 15% coupon on the Show More or if you are on my Patreon there's a 25%.
    Sweet thanks for the Robert! Yeah I haven't ever warn knee pads but just based on their CSR from your video I will throw money at them first before anyone else. To me as someone that really puts thought into where I spend my money and want that money to go to someone that cares about their customers, I would rather support the smaller guy than someone like Fox or RS. This is why I have become such a huge fan of Manitou and their suspension products, not only do they kick ass (see my review thread of the McLeod shock) but their CSR is top notch. When I submit a question via their website and subsequently get a call from one of their lead engineers to help me out (this happened on multiple occasions and just random, me over-analyzing things type questions) that to me shows they care about their customers. Got that same impression from Kali.

mtbr member
    I've got the Maraka, Maya, and the Avatar 2. All great fitting helmets. The Avatar 2 is the most comfortable DH helmet I've ever worn.

Recently picked up a pair of Mission knee guards.

Ride, Race, Live
    "Trapper Keeper"
    The History of the Trapper Keeper | Mental Floss
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x19vpwJ0i_8
    Trappers and their keepers were fine, but never cool.
    Peechee's were art canvases
    https://www.flickr.com/groups/peecheefolderart/pool/

mtbr member
    I have a Kali Shiva Carbon I have worn year round on my KTM EXC. I have been impressed with Kali's products. Considering an open face MTB helmet now.