• 05-02-2016
    KRob
    Kali Maya or Bell Super R (non MIPS)
    I can get these both on sale right now at a really good price.

A little worried about there being only two sizes on the Maya (and I'm kinda on the line between S/M and L/XL), but I like the colors better.

Also between medium and large on the Super R.

Do either tend to run small or big?

Fit?

Coverage?

Comfort?

Thanks
  • 05-05-2016
    SparkyAlumni
    I vote Super R
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I can get these both on sale right now at a really good price.

A little worried about there being only two sizes on the Maya (and I'm kinda on the line between S/M and L/XL), but I like the colors better.

Also between medium and large on the Super R.

Do either tend to run small or big?

Fit?

Coverage?

Comfort?

Thanks

I have both the SuperR and Super2R (depends on the trail we're riding). For both helmets I was also in between Medium and Large, but, realized that with my Halo sweatband the Large fit just right (even have a few extra clicks available on the helmet adjuster). One thing I don't like about the Super is that the brow of the helmet seems to obstruct your vision (almost as if your visor is in the way b/c its too low). that being said, it isn't in the way, its just the way the helmet fits/sits on your head. I've since gotten used to it and it doesn't bother my anymore. I can wear the helmet for hours and not have any issues (not too tight, not too loose, no pressure points, etc.)... it fits/feels great.

Note: if you ever want/intend to mount a helmet camera, you might stay away from the Maya... I've seen posts about having limited options and areas to mount on it.

Just my $0.02.
  • 05-09-2016
    KRob
    I pulled the trigger on the Maya. It just came in today. haven't even had a chance to try it on yet but now I'm worried it will be too big. I got the L/XL which says 60-64cm. My head measure 59.25cm. I do wear a skull cap or head band or combination of both fairly often because I live in a colder climate, so having the extra room is desirable, but I'd usually rather have the smallest one that fits.

We'll see. I'll report back after I try it.
  • 05-18-2016
    GoldFly
    I had my decision narrowed down between the Maya and Super and decided to order the Super today. Hopefully I ended up making the right decision but I'd still be interested to hear about how you feel about the Maya.
  • 05-21-2016
    KRob
    The Maya is super comfortable. Love the suspended mesh liner. My head is a little oblong and the L/XL fits really well front to back but is a little wide side to side. With the adjustment cinched up it doesn't move, but there's a small gap at my temples and above my ears. I wonder if the M would've been too short front to back.
    It also doesn't feel as light as my Giro Feature that it replaced, but does feel way more protective.
    So far I'm really liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 05-28-2016
    GoldFly
    I got my Super 2 today and it feels like I have an enormous salad bowl on my head. It's much larger and heavier than I had anticipated. I may end up returning it for the Maya or something different.