Kali Amara Light and Motion helmet mount- Mtbr.com
    Big Mac

Kali Amara Light and Motion helmet mount

Has anyone here mounted a Light and Motion Arc to their helmet. It seems that the helmet did not come with the proper mount and customer service at Kali has been no help at all. Anybody have any luck? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Hi MbMb65,

We're sorry you've had issues with out customer service department. After taking a closer look at the Light & Motion ARC mount, we have determined that it uses an older style mounting system, and will unfortunately not mount directly to our Amara.

That originally shipped with a helmet mount, so you should still be able to mount the light using the supplied Light & Motion hardware.
    Smaller, Lighter, Safer

Big Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliprotectives View Post
    Hi MbMb65,

We're sorry you've had issues with out customer service department. After taking a closer look at the Light & Motion ARC mount, we have determined that it uses an older style mounting system, and will unfortunately not mount directly to our Amara.

That originally shipped with a helmet mount, so you should still be able to mount the light using the supplied Light & Motion hardware.
    Thank you for your response. I had suspected that this was the case, but could not get confirmation from customer service. In fact, the fella I was dealing with, simply stopped responding. Very frustrating. But again, thank you for confirming.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hey, if you have any luck with a new light purchase, can you let me know!? I bought the Amara for the specific reason to put a light on it. That was almost 2 years ago. I want to buy a light now but am confused which one to buy. Thanks! John

Big Mac

Quote Originally Posted by JKrajovan View Post
    Hey, if you have any luck with a new light purchase, can you let me know!? I bought the Amara for the specific reason to put a light on it. That was almost 2 years ago. I want to buy a light now but am confused which one to buy. Thanks! John
    I'll let you know. I need to find out, somehow, as the CS at Kali is not all that, exactly what fits on the Amara. Not all models of the brands kali says fit, will actually fit. And with the built in mount on the helmet, using other mounts is difficult. It looks like my Arc will not work at all. It's a bummer. Wish they could come up with a universal style mount, or at least a wider variety of mounts.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Kali Amara helmet mount

Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    I'll let you know. I need to find out, somehow, as the CS at Kali is not all that, exactly what fits on the Amara. Not all models of the brands kali says fit, will actually fit. And with the built in mount on the helmet, using other mounts is difficult. It looks like my Arc will not work at all. It's a bummer. Wish they could come up with a universal style mount, or at least a wider variety of mounts.
    I broke down and bought a handlebar mounted light. I am still looking for a perfect fit for a light mounted on the helmet. It would be nice to have! A friend bought the Bontrager Ion 700. I am going to try it out and let you know how it fits.
    John

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    Hi mbmb65,

With the number of new lights released each year, creating compatible mounts for all of them would be impossible. We do our best to make our integrated helmet mounts compatible with offerings from all major manufacturers, but some products like your light (which was a new model almost ten years ago) fell through the cracks.

Our Amara is compatible with Nightrider, Mag Lite, Contour, GoPro, and any modern Light & Motion product. We are also working on mounts for Lezyne and Serfas products. Our existing "universal mount" (because all "universal" products have their share of compatibility issues) emulates a handlebar, which does make it compatible with a number of other lights.
    Smaller, Lighter, Safer

Big Mac

Hi mbmb65,

With the number of new lights released each year, creating compatible mounts for all of them would be impossible. We do our best to make our integrated helmet mounts compatible with offerings from all major manufacturers, but some products like your light (which was a new model almost ten years ago) fell through the cracks.

Our Amara is compatible with Nightrider, Mag Lite, Contour, GoPro, and any modern Light & Motion product. We are also working on mounts for Lezyne and Serfas products. Our existing "universal mount" (because all "universal" products have their share of compatibility issues) emulates a handlebar, which does make it compatible with a number of other lights.
    I totally understand. I suppose my frustration stems from the fact that the CS rep I was dealing with, couldn't simply tell me that my light just won't fit. I would have moved on. I probably need a new light anyway. Anyway, thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Mag Lite

Hi mbmb65,

Would a regular black pencil light like the Mag Lite work?

Big Mac

Quote Originally Posted by JKrajovan View Post
    Would a regular black pencil light like the Mag Lite work?
    I believe that an adaptor for that is indeed included.