Just got my new Rudy Project Helmet- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Just got my new Rudy Project Helmet

So I've tried a lot of different helmets and fitting was an issue. After several close calls to people in cars, a couple limbs during night riding, I figure its time to not worry about looking dorky in these helmets and worry more about my safetey. I have yet to try this one out and give it a test so I was wondering what everyone was using, why, and what they look for ina helmet.

Last edited by FLiPinoy; 08-03-2010 at 07:30 AM.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    how can a helmet be tested ?

against what ? root, tree , wall , rock ?

i'm using a D2 Sworks from Specialized since 1 year , weight 194 g , still to test

mtbr member
    this is spam for sure.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by eliflap
    how can a helmet be tested ?

against what ? root, tree , wall , rock ?

i'm using a D2 Sworks from Specialized since 1 year , weight 194 g , still to test
    oh I don't know. I'm sure when these things are produced there isn't anything put into consideration like sizing, comfort, weight, venelation, adjustments, features etc.

So I changed the post just to make sure I wasn't advertising this helmet as speculated by nathanballs. Apparently after a few years, and several hundred/thousand posts, its obvious you guys are bored and lurking around the forums to give sensless replies. Seems to me if padding your counter is a high priority now a days. Great job guys showing us rookies what to look forward to from so called vets. Keep up the great work you two.
    Last edited by FLiPinoy; 08-03-2010 at 07:37 AM.

LA CHÈVRE
    What's that doing in the Cannondale forum anyway?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiPinoy
    oh I don't know. I'm sure when these things are produced there isn't anything put into consideration like sizing, comfort, weight, venelation, adjustments, features etc.

So I changed the post just to make sure I wasn't advertising this helmet as speculated by nathanballs. Apparently after a few years, and several hundred/thousand posts, its obvious you guys are bored and lurking around the forums to give sensless replies. Seems to me if padding your counter is a high priority now a days. Great job guys showing us rookies what to look forward to from so called vets. Keep up the great work you two.
    if you dont think it was obvious that you were banking on people asking where you got such a great discount, you are clearly more idiotic than I gave you credit for.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    ........server busy duplicate
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I like Rudy stuff and they have to pass the gov test to be sold here.

Discount codes for Rudy are around too. They also do many "buy glasses, get a free helmet"

However, unless this is some Cannondale special, it doesnt belong here.

Craig/CDaleTony.........................Do your "Moved" moderator fun!!!!

OP: You just started wearing a helmet!!!! Really?????
    If you care that much about how you look on the trail or getting there, you are in the wrong sport. Or, we could just dub you "poser"
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg
    I like Rudy stuff and they have to pass the gov test to be sold here.

Discount codes for Rudy are around too. They also do many "buy glasses, get a free helmet"

However, unless this is some Cannondale special, it doesnt belong here.

Craig/CDaleTony.........................Do your "Moved" moderator fun!!!!

OP: You just started wearing a helmet!!!! Really?????
    If you care that much about how you look on the trail or getting there, you are in the wrong sport. Or, we could just dub you "poser"
    I just started riding a month ago and didnt realize how important a helmet was until I had a few close calls recently. Plus a buddy of mine got side swiped by a car that didnt see him and now has some pretty bad damage to his face and head so yeah, they do looked stupid to me then and still do.

If there is a way i can get this topic moved to the correct forum I would appreciate it. These replies are going the wrong way and I apologize if its offended any1.

Thanks

mtbr member
    I ride my scalpel with my Catlike helmet. I look fast and feel fast. Much faster than when I use my Bell volt. But my Catlike is red and my Bell is green which matches my Scalpel. Wearing the Catlike I have to run more rebound on the lefty plus I'm going through brakes pads a bit quicker. Funny thing is, I'm only wearing out the right pad on the front brake. Do you recommend I go back using the volt in order to slow me down or use a metal/sintered pad on the right? PLZ help

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesinmud
    I ride my scalpel with my Catlike helmet. I look fast and feel fast. Much faster than when I use my Bell volt. But my Catlike is red and my Bell is green which matches my Scalpel. Wearing the Catlike I have to run more rebound on the lefty plus I'm going through brakes pads a bit quicker. Funny thing is, I'm only wearing out the right pad on the front brake. Do you recommend I go back using the volt in order to slow me down or use a metal/sintered pad on the right? PLZ help
    You should be using the Volt specific brake pads when wearing the Volt, they should have been included with the helmet, you'd think they're pads for the inside of the helmet but no...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    ^^^ hahahahaha.... Why isn't Dan a moderator on this forum??

Members who have read this thread: 0