Jerseys- Mtbr.com

Thread: Jerseys

mtbr member
    Dec 2015

Cool-blue Rhythm Jerseys

Hi everyone,
    I am shopping for a jersey and need some help about the sizing. I'm 13 years old and my chest is about 73 cm (Yes, I'm tiny) According to chain reaction cycles, I am size small for YOUTH jerseys and I am size extra-extra-small for mens jerseys. What's the big difference between the adult, extra extra small and the youth small? Because on their size charts, it is suitable for my chest size. Are the adult ones taller or something? The reason why I'm asking this is because the adult jerseys have a much larger range to choose from and a lot of them are on clearance. Should I go with an adult jersey my size or am I better off with a youth jersey?

Hi There!
    In my experience, and I stress that point...jersey sizes are all over the place. I wear a large in normal shirts. I'm not usually a jersey guy, but I have a couple. Both of them are extra large, both from the same brand but different styles. One fits much better than the other.

I also tried on jerseys from one of my MTB clubs and even up to 3XL it was too tight...go figure.

I would advise ordering the one you like best in the size it says you need and just make sure you can exchange it if needed.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    In my experience, and I stress that point...jersey sizes are all over the place. I wear a large in normal shirts. I'm not usually a jersey guy, but I have a couple. Both of them are extra large, both from the same brand but different styles. One fits much better than the other.

I also tried on jerseys from one of my MTB clubs and even up to 3XL it was too tight...go figure.

I would advise ordering the one you like best in the size it says you need and just make sure you can exchange it if needed.
    So if I saw an adult one that says I am the right size I should just go for it? Or do youth ones suit me better

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    arent youth/kids clothing cheaper?

mtbr member
    As thegweed says the sizes are all over the place and are usually different brand by brand,best option is to try them on if you can and then order else where if its cheaper. Im guessing the difference would be the chest size in the youths and mens sizes How tall are you? Im short and stocky,36in chest,think thats around 91cm ! and 5'2" tall (157cm) and I have size mens small Fox jerseys. Long sleeve length is pretty much spot on,on a smaller chest it would probably give a slighty longer sleeve. The fit is about perfect,not too snug but no real flapping in the wind,if my chest increased any it would probably be too tight. Looking at the Fox sizing theres a big difference in sleeve length too... Youth Small has 55cm sleeve. Youth XL has 69cm sleeve. Mens Small has 78.7cm sleeve