Which jersey has extra long arms?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2015

New question here. Which jersey has extra long arms?

I'm 5 11 tall and slim, when I try on long sleeve clothes, the arms are 2 inches too short. Can anyone suggest a jersey which has longer arms in relation to the size of the jersey?

Are there any brands which are known to make a high quality product?

I don't like short sleeves and ride in areas with dense vegetation, I like that long sleeves can prevent scrapes from branches and reduce cuts and scrapes when I fall.

A jersey with sun protection in the fabric would be welcome, I'm not sure if that would make it less breathable.
    I have no price limit so all suggestions are welcome. I really do not want a custom jersey.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Pockets would be extra nice also.

meow meow
    not sure on the jersey but i have a couple bontrager jackets and they fit very well. i have a similar build it sounds like; slim, long arms; but i am 6'1''. the bontrager rxl long sleeve jersey would probably be worth looking at, it has pockets too.

I quit e-MTBR
    Similar build. I have Fox, Royal, Jett, Novara, and Shimano. Novara (REI) fits the best. Go figure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My best summer MTB shirts are Royal Racing. I'm 6' 145lb and the sleeves are long enough on the small. In winter I use Outdoor Research Sequence long sleeve zip on mild days and either Ibex, Patagonia or I/O Bio 100% merino when colder. All are long enough, Patagonia the longest.
    I did buy much of my gear 5-10 years ago so not sure if anything is now different in sizing. Been a landscaper for decades and too much sun damage when younger so I always wear long sleeves in the sun.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Cycling specific clothing is not always the best. Did you ever try running or yoga tops. I think the shirts with the thumb holes would be what you are looking for. About 6-7 years back, I bought an IceBreaker wool top and it was great. The price was not though. I agree with you that more makers should put pockets in tops.
    2017 XL Santa Cruz Tallboy

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Easy...TLD Sprint jersey. I'm 6'4 with long monkey arms and the XXL jersey sleeves goes down to the base of my thumb. XL would be perfect for you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by guswalls View Post
    Cycling specific clothing is not always the best. Did you ever try running or yoga tops. I think the shirts with the thumb holes would be what you are looking for. About 6-7 years back, I bought an IceBreaker wool top and it was great. The price was not though. I agree with you that more makers should put pockets in tops.
    I'm using a mountain equipment co-op wool hoodie. It's form fitting and is a general purpose piece of active wear, not bad. The hood and no pocket part isn't the best, but it's good. I'll check out the yoga clothing, good idea.

Rent this space for $
    I bought a Royal Racing long sleeve jersey on Chainlove a month or so ago. It came out of Backcountry, IIRC. Of all the kit I have bought over the last couple years, lots of long sleeves, the Royal was ridiculously long in the sleeve but fine in all other dimensions. I'm 5'11" @ 183# and wear a large and have average to maybe a bit longer than average arms. I had my wife alter the sleeves just so I could wear it. Ended up cutting over 3" off each sleeve then re-hemmed it. If you need longer, Royal is your answer!

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Very interesting, would you happen to know which royal racing jersey it was? I'm on backcountry and see the "victory" "race" "stage" and "sp247" Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    I bought a Royal Racing long sleeve jersey on Chainlove a month or so ago. It came out of Backcountry, IIRC. Of all the kit I have bought over the last couple years, lots of long sleeves, the Royal was ridiculously long in the sleeve but fine in all other dimensions. I'm 5'11" @ 183# and wear a large and have average to maybe a bit longer than average arms. I had my wife alter the sleeves just so I could wear it. Ended up cutting over 3" off each sleeve then re-hemmed it. If you need longer, Royal is your answer!

Rent this space for $
    I just looked up my order and it was a "Slice" jersey. I think I caught the last of them on clearance. It's very similar in design to the "Stage" but I'm not seeing any on their site.

btw...I found it on Amazon but at full or close to full retail. It's not worth $49, IMO. I paid $19 on Chainlove. I don't buy gear until I find it on Chainlove because it's priced ridiculously, otherwise. I just noticed that just about every long sleeve Royal that I have found where there is a human modeling it in photographs has very bunched up sleeves at the wrist....or the guy will have it pulled up on the forearms. I'm thinking this sleeve sizing might be common for them.

mtbr member
    Since you mention MEC, I bought a winter jersey there, and the sleeves are long. They always come out of the bottom of my jacket in the winter. Not sure if their summer long sleeve jerseys would have the same type of fit. I'm just under 6', and have the same problem with sleeves, but don't buy XL because I'm a bone rack.