Ipod helmet cam- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ipod helmet cam

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009

Ipod helmet cam

I got the new 5th generation ipod nano for my birthday last weekend. This is the one with the video camera on it. ITS LEGIT! It looks like hd, may not be, but has very good quality, even on playback. So I was thinking how could I mount it to my bike (probably handlebars) or maybe helmet, and use it as a helmet or bike cam. If anybodys got any ideas let me know.

I was personally thinking duct tape, but I should probably get away from the redneck and go a little more tech for this one
    I Like Dirt.

Pivotal figure
    I would avoid attaching it to the bike since it'll see a lot of vibration and might get damaged. Does it have to be oriented a specific way for the camera to record properly?
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tannerdrummer
    I got the new 5th generation ipod nano for my birthday last weekend. This is the one with the video camera on it. ITS LEGIT! It looks like hd, may not be, but has very good quality, even on playback. So I was thinking how could I mount it to my bike (probably handlebars) or maybe helmet, and use it as a helmet or bike cam. If anybodys got any ideas let me know.

I was personally thinking duct tape, but I should probably get away from the redneck and go a little more tech for this one
    Gorila Glue FTW!!!!!!
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Plasko
    JB Weld will hold that isht to Kool Aid

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Yeah I was thinking it would vibrate and shake to much on the bike. Ill find a way to get it on my helmet.
    I Like Dirt.

Occidental Tourist
    Doesn't Sam use a junction box on his head to hold his on or did he upgrade?
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

I think I need to Upgrade
    You could put it on your chest.

Members who have read this thread: 0