INTERBIKE 2016: 6d Helmets & reduciion of concussion-level & sub-concussive forces- Mtbr.com
    Dream it, Do it.

INTERBIKE 2016: 6D Helmets & reduction of concussion-level & sub-concussive forces

I just uploaded a blog post about 6D helmets. I'm so impressed with their ODS technology that I am getting a 6D helmet for myself.

More details are at:

INTERBIKE 2016 Video: 6D Helmets & Reduction of Concussion-level Forces in Bike Crashes
    Last edited by Spectre; 10-16-2016 at 03:17 PM.
    Dirt Merchant Bikes
    www.dirtmerchantbikes.com
    Seattle area dealer for Turner Bikes & Cleary Bikes

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I have noticed a LOT of 6D helmets in motocross in the last year or two. I just got a TLD helmet last year but when it comes times for a new one 6D is definitely on my list, for bike and for motocross.

mtbr member
    I got a chance to look at one right before my crash a few weeks ago. No I need a replacement lid and this is on the top of my radar. Looks to be a bit heavy and a bit hot though? I will be replacing a IXS Trail RS which was awesome but was damaged when I took out my shoulder.

Spectre do you have any ride time on this helmet yet? Is the weight noticeable? Is it hot and what helmet did you use before? My old Bell Super was noticeably heavier and hotter than my IXS was.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb:skep:

Dream it, Do it.
    Just happened to see your post and have a weight for you. The 6D Trail helmet in a M/L size is 510g (actual weight) vs 300g for my son's M/L Giro Hex. I've had some ride time on it and it doesn't seem noticeably heavy compared to the Giro Eclipse (https://www.rei.com/product/731952/g...se-bike-helmet) that I was riding.

Ventilation at 50 degrees seems okay but not exceptionally good compared to the Giro helmets that I've worn. The Giro helmets, esp. their road models, seem to have airflow really well tuned. That said, the 6D helmet feels exceptionally solid on my head and given what I've learned about crash safety, will wear it for commuting to work on the road as well.
    Dirt Merchant Bikes

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input Spectre, I'm going to do some more research before I pull the trigger on something. There's a few other helmets I've been looking at as well.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb:skep:

mtbr member
    I'd like to check them out because they look great but I have yet to see any in a shop.
    Carpe Diem!!

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Does Dirt Merchant stock these helmets? My Giro Remedy is about due for replacement and I'm looking for places around Seattle to try on full-face helmets.

Dream it, Do it.
    Yes, we have the full size range for both the ATB-1 Carbon Attack full face helmet (XS, S, M & L sizes) and the ATB-1Y youth full-face helmet (Youth S, M & L sizes) for sizing. We also have a Medium/Large ATB-1T Trail half-shell helmet for sizing and will be getting XS/S and XL/XXL versions once the 2017 models come out in March 2017.

Once we sort out sizing, I can get the color you want in about 3 days from SoCal with no sales tax in the US (including WA state). PM me and I can provide contact details.

Trying on a full face helmet for sizing is key for sure given how snugly they fit.
    Dirt Merchant Bikes