INTENSE/5.10 DH SHOES COMING BACK-Pick a style- Mtbr.com

Poll: Synthetic or Leather - Pick One

Third Degree Hater-Fu

Good job! INTENSE/5.10 DH SHOES COMING BACK-Pick a style

That's right...you wanted 'em...I worked it. Now make oyur voice heard! If you don't know the story behind this thread, click here: http://65.54.246.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?...goto%3dnewpost

This just in from Eric at FiveTen:

Would you mind doing another post on some sites?

Post this :

For the IMPACT downhill/freeride shoe - Would you like Synthetic or Leather uppers?

We are going to make what you guys request, so keep the responses flowin'.

send request to [email protected]

Jerry- thanks for the help, they should be in the works soon.

Be sure to actually email him, not just post your choice on this site!!! Again, cross post this thread on as many sites as possible and email it to the website moderators to see if they consider it newsworthy enough to put on the home pages.

Pro Crastinator
    i'm not a fan of the shoe one way or the other, so after the poll sways, then i will e-mail them .....

I lean like a cholo!

Sweet!

I absolutely love my Grip shoes, but sadly they are wearing out. Make more so I can replace them.
    ...and I used my strength to rip my blouse...

May 2004
    I thought it was between lowtops and hightops, wtf is going on!

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    Quote Originally Posted by DJrider04
    I thought it was between lowtops and hightops, wtf is going on!
    relax. they first wanted response from riders to gauge interest and at the same time which type (High or Low)....now...they want to know material...

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

FiveTen Shoes Available in Feb 05

Hate to recycle an old thread but the information is relevant. Just heard from my LBS that the FiveTen shoes (hi and lo top) will be available in Feb 05. Pricing isn't available yet but I've attached pics. Not sure but it seems they may only be available in black.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004

Awesome..

Quote Originally Posted by MadMike
    Hate to recycle an old thread but the information is relevant. Just heard from my LBS that the FiveTen shoes (hi and lo top) will be available in Feb 05. Pricing isn't available yet but I've attached pics. Not sure but it seems they may only be available in black.
    and thank you for the notice. My old ones are looking rather hagard. Black is a fine color if you ask me, goes with anything.

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    actually, next week I'll post some photos of them on my feet. The layout is virtually identical to the original low-top but the high top is full on as opposed to the original mid-top. Here are a few more angles:

I am not a "Role Model"

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bizutch
    actually, next week I'll post some photos of them on my feet. The layout is virtually identical to the original low-top but the high top is full on as opposed to the original mid-top. Here are a few more angles:

Any idea on the pricing? Not that it matters really, I'm still getting me a pair, just curious. Mmmmm high tops.

hands up who wants to die
    Man those things are fugly.

I still might have to try some though... when my OffTheWall Rowley Classics wear out.

-rob in Brooklyn

Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rpet

I still might have to try some though... when my OffTheWall Rowley Classics wear out.

-rob in Brooklyn
    I agree with you, quite ugly. They look like a cross between Doc Martin's and Nike's. I'd still sport 'em of course. I'm fortunately not that shallow yet, at least when I'm riding.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by rpet

-rob in Brooklyn
    c'mon now...put fluorescent laces on there and you'll be a walking fashion statement!!

Function before looks....actually I kindda like the stealth look.

Lay off the Levers
    Hmmm, they make em in a fifteen?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    Nope, no idea of the pricing yet. just email [email protected] for details on them.

As for the comparison of these to a set of Rowley's....I guess you won't know til you try. I've got a set of Five Ten Approach shoes that have the same sole shape, footbed and arch with stealth rubber soles (not quite as sticky as the Dot rubber sole on the ones you see) and they are still way grippier than my Vans...gum sole and all. A really nice thing is the footbed is semi-stiff compared to a set of Rowleys so your archs don't scream at you.

Acadian and tons and tons of people can vouch for how much of an advantage these things are on flat pedals.

For proof...just take a look at any picture of Nathan Rennie over the past 5 years. They are the only shoes you will ever see him race in. The latest issue of Decline is a great example...he's sporting them this year and they haven't made them in almost 2 years.
    I am not a "Role Model"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bizutch you da man!! They are looking sweet, IMO better than the old ones. Can't wait to score a new pair, or two.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3

Good job!

Nope, no idea of the pricing yet. just email [email protected] for details on them.

As for the comparison of these to a set of Rowley's....I guess you won't know til you try. I've got a set of Five Ten Approach shoes that have the same sole shape, footbed and arch with stealth rubber soles (not quite as sticky as the Dot rubber sole on the ones you see) and they are still way grippier than my Vans...gum sole and all. A really nice thing is the footbed is semi-stiff compared to a set of Rowleys so your archs don't scream at you.

Acadian and tons and tons of people can vouch for how much of an advantage these things are on flat pedals.

For proof...just take a look at any picture of Nathan Rennie over the past 5 years. They are the only shoes you will ever see him race in. The latest issue of Decline is a great example...he's sporting them this year and they haven't made them in almost 2 years.
    NOTHING is grippier than these bad boys...I rode with Vans Rowley's, Oakley's, Dually's, etc... and none of those even come close.

Some might even say the 5.10's are TOO sticky since you literally can't change the position of your foot on the pedal once it's on - you have to lift your feet off to reposition it. Feels like you are clipped in!!

mtbr member
    these look sweet....I'm just a afraid they are going to bee too much....

for those of you that have had previous experience with them. how do they generally hold up over time. Do they get torn up easily? just wondering if they'd be good for all riding or just a racing shoe.
    AJ

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser

for those of you that have had previous experience with them. how do they generally hold up over time. Do they get torn up easily? just wondering if they'd be good for all riding or just a racing shoe.
    I've had mine for well over 2 years and use them constantly. Weekend rides, Big Bear weekends( gonna miss those), Weekends at Bootleg Canyon, etc... in dry and wet conditions, over 2 years and all I've done is change the laces. I've even spent a few whole days walking around in them at races and such and still the soles are great. I would say they are very durable.

edit: You can buy re-sole kits too.
    Last edited by RED5; 12-08-2004 at 05:27 PM.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    I've had mine for well over 2 years and use them constantly. Weekend rides, Big Bear weekends( gonna miss those), Weekends at Bootleg Canyon, etc... in dry and wet conditions, over 2 years and all I've done is change the laces. I've even spent a few whole days walking around in them at races and such and still the soles are great. I would say they are very durable.

edit: You can buy re-sole kits too.
    yeah..resole kits available at www.stealthrubber.com

believe or not, I've had my 5.10 Impact for over 3 years and they are still in pretty descent shape!! I don't walk around in mine, but only use them to ride. Like Red, most of my riding had been in dry weather tho...but I honestly don't think wet weather riding will have an impact on the durability of the shoe.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Yeah Nothing does beat the 5.10s, I've got a pair of Intense shows still going, and I've got 4 pairs of 5.10 climbing shoes, nothing beats them on a rock wall.

Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser

I have never owned the Intense version, but have used numerous 5-10s for everything from mountain biking, climbing, bouldering, technical approaches and hiking, to drinking in at the local pub. Never a problem, always reliable and durable, and strongly recommend the company to anyone. However, not to put a damper on this but pricing does matter as you can get a pair of approach 5-10s from Sierra Trading Post or Campmor for like $30. I'm not sure how different the Intense version is to justify not buying a similar style on clearance. Either way, I commend Bizutch for working the co. on this and other sites for the fr/dh scene. As long as the price is not way over what I can get in a similar model or if this model is very geared specifically toward mtn. biking, I'll pony up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    This just in from FiveTen . . .

Make an IMPACT!

We're back!

The Impact freeride/downhill/all-around shoe that tore it up a few years ago
    is back for another round of big air. You wanted sticky shoes... well...
    you've got it! FIVE TEN will be producing them over the holidays and have
    them for delivery in March 2005. If you want to get your feet in these
    beauties, call customer service at 909.798.4222 to order. Your order will
    be placed on backorder and ship when they arrive. The credit card won't be
    charged until that time. Independent dealers, give a ring to open an
    account.

Retail prices are $79.95 for the low and $89.95 for the high.

Ride Hard,

Eric
    FIVE TEN