Inexpensive colder weather gear.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Inexpensive colder weather gear.

I'm sure the old adage get what you pay for comes into play here but is there any colder weather (30-40*) that can be had relatively cheap? I've been looking at some stuff from Pearl Izumi on sale. I just got started riding again after way too long and enjoy the **** out of it. With winter approaching I don't want to quit riding or wait for "nice" days to ride. I found a few good deal son Jenson's website as well as a few things on Amazon.

Thanks for your help!

Scott

Nickel Havr
    Check the sale rack at a Under Armor Outlet... I've got some good deals there.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blake
    Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street .

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Not sure where you are. Marshalls and TJ maxx carry a brand called Layer 8. Great base layer stuff for short money. Usually under $15.00 for bottoms and long sleeve tops for around the same
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

banned
    Sep 2012
    If you have rain gear, it can double as a wind proof layer.
    For warm without bulk, nothing beats a heated vest. Making your own makes it affordable and you can tailor the electrical draw to run withing the limits of the Rebel's system.

It's all here : Sedona Arizona

Dave's not here.
    I second the Layer 8 from TJ Maxx.
    Yo no hablo inglÚs

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Wool sweaters from thrift stores, 3-5 $. Running tights from new balance outlet stores, $ 15.00.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Go natural if you don't mind the itch get some cheap wool sweaters from a second hand shop. Look for a nice tight knit and in a size that's nice and tight. Throw on a cheap long sleeve base layer plus wool over plus bike jersey (for pockets) and you're out the door.

mtbr member
    What does everyone recommend for a nice pair of pants/tights?
    I'm looking for something with chamois. I don't mind spending $50-75 on a quality pair.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jclyle View Post
    What does everyone recommend for a nice pair of pants/tights?
    I'm looking for something with chamois. I don't mind spending $50-75 on a quality pair.
    Wear your summer shorts underneath a pair of these.....it is surprising how easy it is to freeze your dick.

MEC Roubaix Tights (Men's) - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

mtbr member
    Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up getting some stuff at the Under Armour outlet, TJ Max, Target and also the Adidas outlet. I can't wait to try everything out!

Members who have read this thread: 0