I need some shoes and stuff- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012

I need some shoes and stuff

I am looking for shoes that I can where while riding through the winter, I really like the 5.10 mids but they look like something for a younger person would wear. I want something that can get some slush on them so thet need to be cleanable.

I don't ride "clip ins" or whatever they are called cause I am not ready and I ride a lot with my 5 y.o. daughter wich requires me to stop a lot.

Also if anyone knows of a pair of good riding pants and jacket for a 30-40 degree day I would be greatful for a point in the right direction..

Thanks Dennis.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    5.10's are fantastic for pedal grip absolutely brill!! If stopping a lot I wouldn't bother spending as much as they are. I'm 39 and I have 5.10's so who cares about age!? I've also got shimsno goretex clip ins however a splash over the top and it's wet feet!!

I have and I'd recommend to you seal skin waterproof socks which in winter you can wear merino wool sox under and you'll be warm and dry!

Gav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Jacket sorry hadn't answered. Prob gore tex or eVent coz that's very hot temp and you'll need breathable for sure.

Gav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cow Clicker
    This one might do the job and has a little more mature look, but you'd need a waterproof sock:
    Sette Enduro Shoes at Price Point

This is designed to do exactly what you want, but is pretty expensive and the style is a little unconventional: Five Ten Diddie Schneider Moss - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

Cow Clicker
    Edit, Retraction: wrong temp range.

Members who have read this thread: 0