I need new spd shoes....my 669 cleats suck- Mtbr.com

Jul 2007

I need new spd shoes....my 669 cleats suck

So I have had these cleats made by 669 for a few seasons....and I dread putting them on.

They are uncomfortable when I pedal...and when I walk on them..it is agony. The part that clips in is always hitting the rocks and making walking the bike on the trails very uncomfortable..

Can you guys recommend an spd type shoe that is comfortable and not in cleat form. I just want something that looks like a sneaker or shoe...and will be comfortable when I walk the bike up the hills and hard to maneuver areas.

Thnx

Justin

mtbr member

mtbr member
    ...or these......

mtbr member
    Go try a bunch of different shoes on at a bike shop, and preferably more than one brand of shoe.

Personally, I ended up with the Specialized BG Sport. They are well designed, well built and comfy for the long haul. But they do have the typical hard sole with no traction.

Sounds like you want a shoe with good traction for hiking. Check out the Specialized BG Taho. It has a full rubber tread sole, and is basically a trail shoe with a stiffer sole and SPD holes. Very similar to the shoe muddydc linked to as well.

May 2008
    I love my Lake 415(number might be off a bit) They work great and are mountain shoes. I just had a flat tire(2 actually and too big to patch) and had to walk 2 miles down the end of the trail plus another 2-3 miles down the canyon till my friend came with the car. They felt great. They did rub on one foot and cause me to get a sore, but that is because of my foot. They are so comfortable I could run down the trail in them. I love them alot.

Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by muddydc

Look good....I think I am in love...thnx!

Members who have read this thread: 0