I need new shoes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

I need new shoes

This is a cross post from Clydesdales. Sorry. Wasn't getting much response there:

I've been running Axo Vipers for about 5 years now but they're falling apart. I'm got a size 12, fairly wide but I can wear normal shoes as long as they don't run narrow. Sidi Dominator Mega is the obvious choice but I was hoping to avoid spending that kind of $$$ unless they are THE bomb. Comfort is important but also stiffness and durability. I don't want a shoe who's latch (if there is one) breaks after one season. What do you guys like? Thanks.

President Skroob
    Jan 2006
    I use Shimano SH-M225S is the 2007 version. I have the 2005 version. I personally love this shoe, but take that opinion with a grain of salt.

It has a stiff carbon fiber sole, doesn't feel too heavy, and is comfortable to wear. It is a bit annoying to walk in but hey we ride right. If you have a mechanical problem walking in these will not be fun. Durability might be an issue, this is their 3rd season and I will probably replace them after this season because the padding behind the heel has worn. I will have gotten 3 full years with a lot of use for only 120 dollars from Performance. Not sure if that is good but considering I get one year out of dress shoes for work and they cost that it works for me.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    lake.

Members who have read this thread: 0