I love polyester shirts- Mtbr.com
    Huckin' trails

I love polyester shirts

Yup. I used to simply ride/wear cotton or regular t shirts, but since I bought a North Face polyester Ts with their vapor-rub fabric, it's like a whole new level of comfort. It's light and fresh. Keep the sweat out and breeze in.

I really love the fact the fabric is not prone to sticking on the skin when humid and it's so light so don't notice it when carrying a back-pack or under a jacket. I feel so much better with this then cotton, I think I'm gonna swap all my T's for polyester ones. I could wear that everyday. Plus they look real nice and fit good.

Only downside is the price... Awwww... money again...
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Similar poly t's at Walmart or Academy are about 10 bucks. Worth their weght in gold...

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    Similar poly t's at Walmart or Academy are about 10 bucks. Worth their weght in gold...
    I'll check that out, thanks
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Switching to non-cotton shirts is like day and night comparing to cotton ones.

If you have Macy's around, I'd recommend going there and checking their clearance section.
    Last time I got 4 adidas tech shirts for about $8 each, and they are awesome.

Huckin' trails
    I have a few places around like Macy's. Guess I'll be doing a bit of shopping this week

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    The cheap ones usually won't have any anti-stink technology. Still a good deal, but when you find yourself sweating on the trail and wonder who let the dogs out, it's time to de-stink it. Regular washing won't do the trick. I use sink the stink you can find it at any scuba shop.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtb enthusiast
    I usually wear the C9 stuff from Target which is pretty good and very breathable. Just picked up a (thin) fleece-lined polyester shell for $20 that will compress into my Camelback Rogue. Bonus.

JDM
    mtbr member
    I find that white vinegar works pretty well at removing 'premastink' from my jerseys.

I just picked up a nice ibex wool jersey at their annual tent sale. It is really nice, but I would never pay full price for one. I do think I"ll try to pick up more wool stuff as sales pop up at sierra trading post or at the tent sale next year.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    ya, sears carries the Nordic Trac brand. they go on sale for like 8 bucks all the time. there are a few different weaves and weights that they use and make for great options.. super tine light with a looser weave to an almost heavy tighter weave that's great for the cooler days... Like them better than my X gear stuff which was 10X the price
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    If you guys have a TJ max or even BJs carry name brands at a discount.

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    I just picked up a nice ibex wool jersey at their annual tent sale. It is really nice, but I would never pay full price for one. I do think I"ll try to pick up more wool stuff as sales pop up at sierra trading post or at the tent sale next year.
    Good deals on vintage wool on Ebay too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    I'll check that out, thanks
    Champion C9's from Target are better than the Wally World ones, and nearly as cheap.

Layer 8 performance tee's can be had from TJ Maxx super cheap, great product every bit as nice as NF or Under Armor.

I'm all about equal quality, less price. I find gently used ones a lot at Goodwill, figure I'm gonna trash 'em anyway $2 sure beats $30.
    "Wait, this thing doesn't have a motor?" - Socrates