How tight are your shoes?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

How tight are your shoes?

I heard a lot of people who likes their shoes so tight that they actually wear 1/2 to 1 size smaller than usual for extra tight fit.

Since the leather on my Sidi are starting to stretch. I'm getting sick of my feet slipping around in my shoes, especially after it gets wet. So I tried to simulate that scenario by adding an extra pair of shoe sole inserts. But after 5min of riding my feet started to go numb, plus I think the extra cushion under the ball of my feet soaks up extra pedaling energy.

Do I need a new pair of shoes or just deal with the stretched leather?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamic213
    I heard a lot of people who likes their shoes so tight that they actually wear 1/2 to 1 size smaller than usual for extra tight fit.

Since the leather on my Sidi are starting to stretch. I'm getting sick of my feet slipping around in my shoes, especially after it gets wet. So I tried to simulate that scenario by adding an extra pair of shoe sole inserts. But after 5min of riding my feet started to go numb, plus I think the extra cushion under the ball of my feet soaks up extra pedaling energy.

Do I need a new pair of shoes or just deal with the stretched leather?
    I wear a normal size pair of sidi's, because your feet will swell depending on the length of time on the bike. My sidi's consistently stretch when wet, but re-dry generally around normal size. Possibly try wearing a thicker pair of socks to take up the extra room.

Also, you can try drying your sidi's with a fan or in the sun (I think they are imitation leather, someone correct me if wrong) I've found if they dry quick they might shrink up a little. letting them dry normal and even wearing them when still a little wet and they will stretch out

bi-winning
    My shoes are pretty tight. At it turns out a 44 from louis garneau is smaller than a 44 from shimano...
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

No longer 26
    I use the size that my arch measure out at which is about a full size larger than the foot length. I have a fairly high arch.

My toes fall asleep / get numb if I have my shoes too tight. I use the green superfeet insoles in my Adidas mtb shoes and green Specialized insoles in my Adidas road shoes. The agressive arch support of the insoles that I am using allow me to not have to cinch my shoes up too tight by using my arch to keep my feet from sliding around. Works great for me and gives my piggies some room to move.

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

Members who have read this thread: 0