How long do your skate shoes last compared to 5.10s?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

How long do your skate shoes last compared to 5.10s?

I'm burning through a pair of Vans every 8 months. The waffle sole eventually gets smooth grooves and holes worn in it from the pins.

If I was willing to pay 3 times the price for 5.10 Line Kings, would they last 3 (or more) times longer?

mtbr member
    Just get your Van's resoled with the Five Ten Stealth rubber. I'm pretty sure they sell it in diy kits for this purpose, or you can have a shoe shop do it. Either way, it will cost way less than buying new shoes, and you should be able to get at least a couple resoles out of the same pair of shoes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I've got a pair of Vans "Malone"'s that I've worn for close to 2 years. The soles are pretty stiff & have a combo of the waffle but have some mild holes worn in but nothing that causes problems. Probably going to try the 5.10 Line King hi-tops out soon. SHould last me as I'll use'em for riding only, no casual wear.

mtbr member
    I got a pair of Vans Whip in maybe 2008. Still have them, but I used them all the time. I do see where the pins dug into the shoe, but the bigger problem is the sole is coming loose now. Lucky for me I have a Vans store at the outlet mall and $20 get's me a new pair. But I do like the 5.10 Dirtbag. No laces, just one velcro strap.

mtbr member
    I've never worn 5.10s, but my current pair of DC shoes has lasted me over a year. That's with riding duty during the warm months and almost daily use year round. I got plenty of sole left.
    --NC
    2008 Kona Cowan // 2005 Kona Cowan // 2009 Giant Modem // 2009 department store IronHorse // 1970s Schwinn roadie

Members who have read this thread: 0