How Fast Do They Stretch?

Printable View

• 07-07-2011
    mkirby258
    How Fast Do They Stretch?
    I am looking at getting a pair of PI baggies w/ removable liner/chamois. It has been so long since I bought any type of 'spandex' I do not remember how fast they stretch out.

When it comes to the liner the medium feels a little bit snug, with the Large feeling like my current 3 yr old riding lycra. What are yalls thoughts?

Liner material: 80% Polyester; 20% elastane

Thanks
    ~MK
  • 07-07-2011
    b-kul
    really depends on the quality of the shorts. i have had a $20 pair stretch after a few rides and a $100 dollar pair that has stayed like new after a year and a half. personally id err on the side of snug. theres always ways to artifically stretch something if need be.
  • 07-07-2011
    shiggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mkirby258 View Post
    I am looking at getting a pair of PI baggies w/ removable liner/chamois. It has been so long since I bought any type of 'spandex' I do not remember how fast they stretch out.

When it comes to the liner the medium feels a little bit snug, with the Large feeling like my current 3 yr old riding lycra. What are yalls thoughts?

Liner material: 80% Polyester; 20% elastane

Thanks
    ~MK

They don't.
  • 07-11-2011
    AllisonWunderland
    Pearl Izumi, high end racing shorts . . . I have three pair. Tight as the day I purchased them.

Laundering and dryer treatment has a lot of impact on spandex/lyrcra. Hand wash, rinse and hang. Don't trust this stuff to a washer/dryer.