how do i wash gloves?

Printable View

  • 03-27-2004
    warmseth
    how do i wash gloves?
    can i throw these in the washer? or should i hand wash them. they are getting pretty gross. fox-digit

  • 03-27-2004
    TrevorInSoCal
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by warmseth
    can i throw these in the washer? or should i hand wash them. they are getting pretty gross. fox-digit



    I usually just toss gloves in with the rest of my cycling gear on cold, and drip-dry the whole lot.

    Works for me...

    Nothing says class like a drying rack with a weeks worth of commuting gear sitting in the livingroom.

    -Trevor
  • 03-27-2004
    Sparticus
    Works for me, too
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TrevorInSoCal
    I usually just toss gloves in with the rest of my cycling gear on cold, and drip-dry the whole lot. Works for me... -Trevor

    That's what I do as well. Toss 'em in with the rest on cold. Hang dry. My gloves last a long time. Washing them regularly will actually make them last longer. Dirt and grit trapped within fabric abrades it and causes it to wear out faster than sending it through the wash on a regular basis.

    Nice lookin' gloves, by the way.

    --Sparty
  • 03-27-2004
    fred-da-trog
    I do mine while in the shower.....
    ....lather them up with bar soap, rinse well, wring them out and air dry. (works will helmet foam too)
  • 03-27-2004
    damion
    Do you make salads at the same time?
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by fred-da-trog
    ....lather them up with bar soap, rinse well, wring them out and air dry. (works will helmet foam too)

    Kidding.

    I just throw them in the washer with the other gear, just make sure the velcro is lined up perfectly. Drip dry.
  • 03-28-2004
    GirchyGirchy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by damion
    Kidding.

    I just throw them in the washer with the other gear, just make sure the velcro is lined up perfectly. Drip dry.

    Excellent tip. I usually save my gloves and wash them with regular clothes, since the velcro likes to stick to the lycra and tear tufts of it off. Not a good thing.
  • 03-28-2004
    DiRt DeViL
    Toss 'em in the washer with the velcro strap closed and aligned this way the velcro will not stick to anything else.

    If it was a muddy ride I'll wash everything with a hose (to take all the mud off), prewash on the washer with a little detergent and wash it the good ol' fashion way and hang dry.
  • 03-28-2004
    noslogan
    Im not allowed to be gross
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by warmseth
    can i throw these in the washer? or should i hand wash them. they are getting pretty gross. fox-digit


    My girlfreind wont let me out of the house if my duds aren't fresh :p
    She wants my riding clothes as soon as I pop in the door so she can wash them.
    Boy, does she have me trained. ;)
  • 03-28-2004
    tl1
    If they're part leather
    I would hand wash them in the sink. They'll probably last longer.
  • 03-28-2004
    greenkoolaid
    I have Fox Digits which I've used for a season now. I throw them in the washer and the dryer and have had no problems. They come out of the dryer looking brand new.