Homebrew MTB graphic tees- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Homebrew MTB graphic tees

Long story short: I designed some graphic tees inspired by mountain biking. I think they're pretty cool. Opinions?

Homebrew MTB graphic tees-american-apparel__white_wrinkle-front_mockup-1-.jpgHomebrew MTB graphic tees-american-apparel__teal_wrinkle-front_mockup.jpgHomebrew MTB graphic tees-american-apparel__olive_wrinkle-front_mockup.jpg

I've got a few others, too... Hyperlink farther down.

Long story: Between weddings, work, etc, I spent a lot of time on the road this summer. So, I was NOT able to spend a lot of time riding. Instead, I became reacquainted with my artistic skills (long lost since high school), and came up with a couple MTB designs for tee shirts. I had a few printed for myself, but when a couple of people asked where they could buy some for themselves, I started to wonder if this little project could be something bigger. So I came up with some more designs, learned Shopify, and put a small online store together. It's called MTeeB.

I hope this post doesn't come across as spammy. Yeah, I sell stuff. But I'll consider myself VERY lucky if I sell the 6 shirts per month required to break even and keep the project going. Trust me, 6 is a huge number when you're starting from nothing. MTeeB is really just a way for me to exercise a few of my passions - riding, art, entrepreneurship - and share it with people who I think (hope) have similar interests: fellow riders like you. It's a labor of love. Not a spam scam.

Check out the site, I hope you like what you see:

http://www.mteeb.com

Having said all that, if the general consensus is that this is not an appropriate new post, I'll take it down.

Also - if anybody else has their own tee designs they want to share, feel free to piggyback off this post and post photos/links. I can't be the only designer on this forum, and it would be cool to have a running thread showing off our collective creativity.
    My MTB themed graphic tees:
    https://www.mteeb.com

MTB Mamba
    May 2007
    I like the blue one a lot!

mtbr member
    Those are pretty good looking! Will definitely have to order a few!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Thanks, guys! I appreciate the positive reception.

Anybody else on here got some cool designs to show off? I can't be the only one.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    That penny-farthing design is f***ing awesome.

I think I'd like it even better with no text though. The image really says it all.

A vendor let me take one of those for a spin at a local MTB-fest last year. For those five minutes I was without a doubt the coolest person for miles around. The looks on peoples' faces were priceless. But I spent every second worrying that I was going to go flying over the bars if I slowed down. 5/5 would ride again.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    That penny-farthing design is f***ing awesome.

I think I'd like it even better with no text though. The image really says it all.

A vendor let me take one of those for a spin at a local MTB-fest last year. For those five minutes I was without a doubt the coolest person for miles around. The looks on peoples' faces were priceless. But I spent every second worrying that I was going to go flying over the bars if I slowed down. 5/5 would ride again.
    Thanks for the comment. I've actually been thinking about getting rid of the text. And after hearing you make the same suggestion, I decided to give it a try. It came out great - good idea. Definitely a much cleaner design - not as much going on in such a small space. (see below for new design)

That's cool you've ridden a penny farthing before. Your experience definitely explains why they called the "modern" bicycle design the "safety bicycle" back in the day. I think if I ever got on a PF I'd want to wear full pads like the dude on this shirt.

Homebrew MTB graphic tees-american-apparel__olive_wrinkle-front_mockup.jpg

https://mteeb.com/collections/mens-t...mens-t-shirt-2

Hi There!
    I did like the top one until I realized it could be mistaken for a motorcycle. The green one with the penny farthing IMO needs some kind of text on it. Maybe just "I'll ride anything" or something.

But overall, very cool. I salute you.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    I did like the top one until I realized it could be mistaken for a motorcycle. The green one with the penny farthing IMO needs some kind of text on it. Maybe just "I'll ride anything" or something.

But overall, very cool. I salute you.
    Hahahaha I took the text out of Penny Farthing after NWS made the suggestion. Can't please 'em all! I prefer no text, but you can see what it looked like with text in the first post of this thread. It said "My favorite bike? whatever I'm riding."

I'd be interested to see what others think of the "planet gear" drivetrain design. IMO it's pretty clearly a bicycle drivetrain. Motorcycles (from what I've seen) tend to be much burlier looking. But I do see your point. Thanks for the feedback!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Mind if I ask who makes the shirts? If you say American Apparel... take my money!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by garcia View Post
    Mind if I ask who makes the shirts? If you say American Apparel... take my money!
    Well, realized I didn't scroll down the "about us" page, and they are in fact American Apparel. Gotta spend some money I guess.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    the green one with the penny farthing imo needs some kind of text on it.
    How dare you, sir. How DARE you.

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    How dare you, sir. How DARE you.
    Sorry.
    NTFTC