Hip pack for women?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Hip pack for women?

My girlfriend can not fit a bottle on her process except under the down tube which is useless. She is using a hand me down 2L camelback i gave her but is not fan of a sweaty back. Shes not tiny at 5'9 150ish but still doesnt want a huge pack. Any suggestions for hip packs id say atleast hold 1.5L and a couple snacks cell phone and a multi tool. The more compact the better as i haul plenty of spares and tools on our longer adventures. So far i like the camelback repack or maybe the evoc 3L albeit a bit pricey if she hates it.

mtbr member since 1996
    I just got one of these.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/H2O-Mojav...olors/36547539

I also have the Camelback Palos 4 LR. They are different, but I think I prefer the Walmart cheapie and its water bottle system.

My wife found these hip packs slide up and get loose. Women, or men, with curves may have a harder time with them staying in place.
    My Wife's Channel for Women - LadyMTB

mtbr member
    I tend to like technical lumbar bags, like the ones made by Osprey or Mountainsmith that are not cycling specific. I also agree that a hip pack may ride up to a high waist line position when riding. So it would be better to fit the pack higher to begin with rather than expecting it to stay in position around the hips. That is in part why I like the Mountainsmith lumbar bags with the Strapettes. The hip straps are left somewhat loose to allow for hip movement where the strapettes hold it to the lower back area. The bags have some compression straps and various things can be attached or hung from the bag as well.

I might also look into stem/handlebar bags that can hold water bottles instead of a hip/lumbar pack if she doesn't like a sweaty torso. A half frame bag might work to hold bladder as another option. The hose could clip to the bag to be easily grabbed when needed.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    My wife is small, 5í2Ē 107 and hates hydration bladders. I found an Osprey Tempest 6 that she really likes. It has two water bottles that are shaped a little to better hug your hips when worn. Itís actually made for women. Itís super light. Itís not going to be enough water for a multi hour desert or hot day ride, but itís pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyAsheville View Post
    My wife is small, 5í2Ē 107 and hates hydration bladders. I found an Osprey Tempest 6 that she really likes. It has two water bottles that are shaped a little to better hug your hips when worn. Itís actually made for women. Itís super light. Itís not going to be enough water for a multi hour desert or hot day ride, but itís pretty sweet.
    I will check that one out, I may get her a little cheapie walmart one to see if she actually likes it like she thinks she will. We do some pretty lengthy descending in the Pisgah/Dupont areas so i think any on bike bags will just be too cumbersome and floppy. I would venture a try at a larger hip pack for myself but i have noassatall disease so I dont think it will work too well for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I just got one of these.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/H2O-Mojav...olors/36547539

I also have the Camelback Palos 4 LR. They are different, but I think I prefer the Walmart cheapie and its water bottle system.

My wife found these hip packs slide up and get loose. Women, or men, with curves may have a harder time with them staying in place.
    what didnt you like about the palos 4 LR? I found one on closeout for a very good price $35 may be worth a try? i feel like the bladder would maybe be awfully heavy and bounce around a lot.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    check out the brand from high above. A lot of our female (and male) riders at our LBS seem to really dig them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I use this one and like it - Bontrager Rapid Pack

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Not sure how they fit women, but the newer version of the palos, the Repack, is on sale in olive color at Jenson for $39. The black is still $75. The Repack is suppose to be better fitting and improved.

www.jensonusa.com/Camelbak-Repack-LR-4
    Last edited by joshtee; 02-19-2019 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Add context