Hey 661 Flight helmet owners....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Hey 661 Flight helmet owners....

I"m going to be buying one online and wonder if the fit guide on the 661 website is accurate. I can't find any dealers to actually try one on. According to the website I'm right at the line between a large and xl.
    Any thoughts....

OH....whats the major difference between the several flight models???? Which one is best....
    To insanity and beyond.....

mtbr member
    I have the Flight Logo in a medium and I think I should have gotten a large according to there measurments, but the medium fits me really good. Aside from different paint schemes I dont see a difference in the logo and warp...

Oct 2006
    Why not try one on in a local bike shop, make sure the fit is good, then find a cheaper price online?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I can't find any at my local shops. I'm planning to buy one off of ebay...cheapest place I've found, but can't be returned if it doesn't fit. I"m thinking slightly too big is better than too small.....
    To insanity and beyond.....

EastBaySteez
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsdad
    I can't find any at my local shops. I'm planning to buy one off of ebay...cheapest place I've found, but can't be returned if it doesn't fit. I"m thinking slightly too big is better than too small.....
    I would go with the opposite, if its slightly smaller the foam will break in alittle. You cant do anything with a helmet thats to big...
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

Oct 2006
    Ah I see. Well yeah, its a tricky one.... a fullface thats too tight is a headache/distraction causer... but one thats too loose can much more easily move around, and potentially expose your jaw etc in a crash... depending on how good the 661 flight straps are.

i drink shower water
    the sizing chart is pretty accurate, it was for me.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

Dec 2007
    they're really hot helmets

i found they ran a little small

but thats better then it being too big

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenbikes
    Why not try one on in a local bike shop, make sure the fit is good, then find a cheaper price online?
    :rant on:

Some people just get right under my skin with comments like that.

Do I even need to describe how much of a schmuck you must be if you actually do this?! You want the cheap online, that comes with the inability to make sure 100% that that size/color is correct. Part of the game you play when you want the cheap price.

Please don't use the local lbs for your cheap gains, just doesn't feel right. not going to make many friends by doing that.

:rant off:
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by hab1b
    the sizing chart is pretty accurate, it was for me.
    Worked well for me also. The fit is pretty snug and tight, but that's how it should be.

If you can, try on a 661 helmet at your bike shop to at least get a general idea. If not, buy a cloth measuring tape and measure that dome!
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Members who have read this thread: 0