Henty Hydro pack- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Snow Dog
    Reputation: str8edgMTBMXer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,053

    Henty Hydro pack

    So I broke one of my own rules and clicked on the add for this at the top of the forum page. It looks pretty cool, and I am needing a new hydro pack.

    https://henty.cc/shop/enduro-backpack/?setreg=us

    does anyone know about this company, or use a pack like this? Right away, I like that the weight is lower on your back, but that also might feel weird if not properly used?

    I currently have an Osprey Raptor 14 that I love, but it is starting to tear in places that get worn a lot...

    just curious to se what people think about this design versus the regular middle of the back packs
    Go practice. Figure it out. - Fleas

    15 Surly Krampus - King Amongst Bikes
    LET IT SNOW!

  2. #2
    Trying to be helpful
    Reputation: Guy.Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,536
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5CA

  3. #3
    Snow Dog
    Reputation: str8edgMTBMXer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,053
    thanks...and I am old, so I don't think of google right away....takes a ribbing from a techy to make me go: "Duh....google..." hell, I am on my Commodore 64 as I type...
    Go practice. Figure it out. - Fleas

    15 Surly Krampus - King Amongst Bikes
    LET IT SNOW!

  4. #4
    Trying to be helpful
    Reputation: Guy.Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by sXeXBMXer View Post
    thanks...and I am old, so I don't think of google right away....takes a ribbing from a techy to make me go: "Duh....google..." hell, I am on my Commodore 64 as I type...
    Commodore 64 - Hells yeah, thats fricken awesome!! Ribbing was all in good fun. Hope the reviews help.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5CA

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    23
    I bought one in August and have been very happy with it. It comes with extra long straps for easy adjustments, works with my Camelbak bladders, is much cooler in hot weather and I can carry more water with the weight lower on my back.

  6. #6
    Snow Dog
    Reputation: str8edgMTBMXer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Ford View Post
    Commodore 64 - Hells yeah, thats fricken awesome!! Ribbing was all in good fun. Hope the reviews help.
    yep, they did...and I figured rthe same about the ribbing!!

    in fact, they made me think again because I am also planning on getting a frame bag, and might try doing the bladder in there instead...don't know where I want to go with that yet.

    Like, I want the frame bag to have more room for stuff when I bikepack, so I would want the bladder on my back, but for everyday riding, I would not mind having the bladder in the frame bag....
    Go practice. Figure it out. - Fleas

    15 Surly Krampus - King Amongst Bikes
    LET IT SNOW!

  7. #7
    Snow Dog
    Reputation: str8edgMTBMXer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by one lung View Post
    I bought one in August and have been very happy with it. It comes with extra long straps for easy adjustments, works with my Camelbak bladders, is much cooler in hot weather and I can carry more water with the weight lower on my back.
    that is what i was wondering. I don't like to ride in the heat anyway, so anything that will keep me cool will help. So it doesn't slide around when you ride? I am assuming that the straps help with that...I am not really against going with another regular bag, but if enough people seem happy with it, I am not against trying it out either
    Go practice. Figure it out. - Fleas

    15 Surly Krampus - King Amongst Bikes
    LET IT SNOW!

  8. #8
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    32,695
    I keep seeing the title as "Hefty Hydro Pack".
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fredcook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Ford View Post
    Commodore 64 - Hells yeah, thats fricken awesome!! Ribbing was all in good fun. Hope the reviews help.
    Commodore 64? Whatever! TI 99/4A all the way baby!
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.

  10. #10
    Snow Dog
    Reputation: str8edgMTBMXer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by fredcook View Post
    Commodore 64? Whatever! TI 99/4A all the way baby!
    yikes!!! I never used one of those. Had a Trash-80 (TRS 80) though...remember saving stuff to cassette tape?
    Go practice. Figure it out. - Fleas

    15 Surly Krampus - King Amongst Bikes
    LET IT SNOW!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fredcook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by sXeXBMXer View Post
    yikes!!! I never used one of those. Had a Trash-80 (TRS 80) though...remember saving stuff to cassette tape?
    Oh yeah... had a TRS 80 too... good times...
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.

Similar Threads

  1. Enduro Fanny Pack aka "Hip Pack"
    By roknfnrol in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2014, 07:07 AM
  2. using a lumbar pack in addition to my hydration pack
    By androgen in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-20-2013, 12:19 PM
  3. Pack it in, Pack it out
    By Swell Guy in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 11:20 PM
  4. Pack In\Pack Out, spider trails on Somo
    By chollaball in forum Arizona
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 04:35 PM
  5. Creative ways to pack your hydration pack?
    By hatake in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 01:44 AM

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.