Help me choose a full face helmet- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Help me choose a full face helmet

I want to buy a helmet and i found these two which i like the most. One is a 661 Pro bravo and the other is a Fox Rampage.

My question is, which is the better helmet? Better lucking, better made?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zozimo; 03-01-2007 at 06:53 PM.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    i have that 661.. it's a nice helmet, not too heavy, not too hot, i can wear it for hours without any significant discomfort, other than sweating on a hot day..
    the mouthguard piece is a little close to your face, which some people like and some people don't... not sure how the Fox is in that dept.

Aug 2005
    I dont know how either fit. But in the safety department, the fox wins. I dont know about the other one, but the fox helmet is one of the few helmets that meet the new standard. This standard was set up specifically for DH helmets, and is much tougher than previous requirements that helmets need to meet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Nice to hear that the mouthguard is close to the face because i like it that way and i was afraid that the Pro Bravo has a long one.

Jun 2006
    if you plan on doing regular DH the major consensus is go with a DOT certified lid like the Fox, I'm not sure what the new standards are called

I was looking at the Pro Bravo and eventually settled on a Giro Remedy it's a good helmet, but it looks really weird when it's on. It could just be me, but after I saw it in some pics on riders, it just looked ugly

T.Dot Represent
    check out the giro remedy too
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

May 2005
    the Giro remedy is pure awesomeness.......

mtbr member
    the bravo is a nice helmet... no experience with the fox. i have a remedy and love it...thinking about a tld someday but they're mucho expensive

Jan 2005
    Mother of God please don't let this thread start the DH vs MX helmet argument again...LoL

I personally recommend a MX lid but it really depends on what kind of riding you do and terrain. Fox makes good helmets for both but for MB specific helmets I gotta vote for the Giro Remedy also.

Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Zozimo
    I want to buy a helmet and i found these two which i like the most. One is a 661 Pro bravo and the other is a Fox Rampage.

My question is, which is the better helmet? Better lucking, better made?

Thanks!
    The Fox Rampage has a higher safety grade than the 661 Pro Bravo.
    I have a MX helmet and a Fox Rampage and the Fox is a lot lighter and better ventilated than my MX helmet, but it feels just as strong and secure as my MX.
    The Rampage is a good mix between safety, fit , price and weight.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I think that im gonna go for the Fox. I like the Remedy but my LBS does not have Giro stuff. I like the Fox a little more than the 661 and some of you guys said that the Fox is safer, so Fox it is!

Thanks everyone!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Does anyone know is there a difference between the Fox Rampage 06 and 07?

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    MTB full face helmets are even more expensive than MX helmets in the Philippines...

but I'm probably getting a 661 full-face.
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

moaaar shimz
    Rampage pwns

Dec 2006
    I use the 07 specialized deviant which is pretty cheap (only 120 dollars or so) and its an amazing freeride helmet. It has a little less padding then the DH ones, but like 21 vents and I never get hot or tired of wearing it.
    Also a pretty good helmet is the Giro Remedy.

Members who have read this thread: 0