help I need some new shoes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

help I need some new shoes

My shimano shoes finished. I also have noticed just in this past season that after 15-20 min off riding my toes and bottom of my feet start to go numb. I want something that will help stop this, I was thinking of a pair of specialized body geometry shoes might help solve the problem. If anyone has had the same kind of thing happen to them and what worked for you would be a big help.
    It's go time

Art is Resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by hizzity
    My shimano shoes finished. I also have noticed just in this past season that after 15-20 min off riding my toes and bottom of my feet start to go numb. I want something that will help stop this, I was thinking of a pair of specialized body geometry shoes might help solve the problem. If anyone has had the same kind of thing happen to them and what worked for you would be a big help.

Diadoras are the nicest shoes i've owned. For winter riding i use Lakes, and they are very comfortable. I've heard of some issues with specialized's durability, but i've never used them.

mtbr member

A vote for Specialized shoes

My Specialized shoes are very comfortable and they have taken a beating too. I have the top of the line Carbon Pro. Years ago I had the cheaper model and they felt great but were heavy. No discomfort with either pair. You save alot of weight with the carbon fiber and get a direct power transfer so I think they are with the $180 or so.

mtbr member
    I to have a couple pairs of the Specialized MTB shoes with no complaints.

mtbr member
    After a few years of trying several different brands and being disappointed in one way or another, I finally bought a pair of SIDI Dominator 5 shoes. I should have bought them in the first place. In the long run I would have saved myself a bunch of money.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

nobody
    Quote Originally Posted by hizzity
    I had this same problem (though only with the toes) and switched to Specialized BG Comps ($120ish) and have never been happier. The Specialized toe box is wider and I'm thinking that's what solved my issue.
    I'm what Willis was talkin' about

mtbr member
    I have Shimano's that are god only knows how old. They still work fine (holding up decently) and I really unless I get a great deal, dont see ugprading any time soon.
    I bet they are close to 10 years old. Used multiple times a week on average.
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    +3 for specialized. Not a fan of their bikes, but they know contact points. Get about two years of all-weather riding, 80-100 miles a week in a good month, out of them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I bought a pair of Diadora Ergos and rode them 3 times. After about 15 min of riding with them the outter part of my feet would hurt like crazy. I tried different pedals and moved the cleats around, to no avail.

I just bought a pair of Specialized's and have only ridden with them once, but it was a little over 2 hours of riding and hiking and the feet were still happy at the end.

If you want Diadoras and have size 12 feet let me know

Members who have read this thread: 0