Help with helmet size- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Help with helmet size

Hi guys and girls!

Im going to buy myself a fullface helmet, been looking at the SixSixOne Flight Icon 2008 for some time now, so thats the one im going for!

So the tricky part is, where I live I dont got the opportunity to test it on! Have to order it!

Been using a dirt helmet in size Large for some time now!

Messuring my head gives me 58,5 cm!

The size chart on the Flight helmet says 57-58 = Medium 59-60 = Large

Only thing I know is that its not very good if your helmet is to loose!

What do you think?

mtbr member
    I think you should look at more helmets with better measurements to suit your head than to get stuck on just one helmet. Helmets from Troy Lee, or THE could probably fit you better, looking at their size charts.

Jun 2007
    +1 ^^^^^^, But at the same time if your like me I wear either a bandana, skull cap or something under my helmet so I think you'd be ok w/ the large. Acually either way I think you'd be ok. Also since your stuck ordering online email who ever your looking to get it off of and ask them about return or exchange policy. That way you can order it get it try it on, don't fit return or exchange. Just be sure to call/email them the same day it shows if you have to exhagne or return.

Jul 2007
    I have a Flight, SICK helmet. I was right on the boarder between L and XL ordered the L and had to send it back for the XL. Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Anyone now about the sizing of Troy Lee Helmets?

Says M/L is 56-58 cm and XL/XXL is 60-62 cm

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    661 Helmets run a little small compared to some of the other brands.

I AM I AM
    I recently purchased a Fox Rampage, My head measured 54cm so allowing for some error (or hair etc) I got the S (55-56cm) and I'd say it's a great fit, not too tight but not loose either..

Sizing

* Small: 55-56 cm
    * Medium: 57-58 cm
    * Large: 59-60 cm
    * X-Large: 61-62

So if it was me ordering I'd err on the side of caution and go for the Large.
    After all like some others have said you can always wear a bandanna, and in the summer I imagine your head would expand if it's hot? Lol and don't take that the wrong way! You know kind of like your feet swelling - you know what I mean!
    Really the only thing you have to take into account is weather the padding is known to compress much once you wear it in?

Members who have read this thread: 0