Help Finding Pads for a Tall 10yr Old Girl / Youth- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2017

Help Finding Pads for a Tall 10yr Old Girl / Youth

My daughter has finally sized out of her current pads. Honestly I should have done this last season. I had a pair of Fox knee pads from Revzilla and I think the elbows were from a roller blade kit. The knee pads were fabric with hard plastic knee and shin protection. The elbows looked like every other standard park elbow pad. I'll attach a pic of her current pads.

Fox Racing Pee Wee Titan Knee Guards
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...an-knee-guards

She is currently about 10.5 years of age and 4ft 10in (without shoes). From the middle of the knee to her ankle is 12in. The widest part of her calf is 12in in circumference.

We ride all around CO including Denver, Fruita, Crested Butte and the Front Range. She doesn't do any enduro/dh, but you would think she did with the amount of protection she wears She'll do a few XC short course races in a year, but they are just for fun. We don't do lift access so the pads need to be pedaling friendly.

I'm stuck on a brand or market segment. I'm fine with something from the motocross world. I would prefer something with a hard plastic impact area. These will get used and I worry that soft shell pads will not hold up.

I'm really focused on trying find something that won't break the bank. In a few years she'll out grow the pads and thats another reason to watch the budget.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Check out hockey, rollerblade stuff. I'm a fan of the g form stuff. Better yet, post up on the women's forum.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hit your local moto shop for sure.
    Way better selection and pricing than you'll find in the bicycle world IME.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    I've been looking at RevZilla. They seem to have a lot of different youth options. I'll have to find a local shop for her to try things on. I'm hoping that the two major shops here in Denver have a good youth selection. There seem to be some good options by Fox and other brands.

At this point that's looking like my best bet.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Here is what I ended up purchasing. I got everything for a local motorcycle shop. They fit her great and she really likes them. The shin guards have buckle that allows you set the size and then pop it open. It makes getting them on and off a breeze. The elbow guards do a sleeve that the arm goes through. If your kiddo has large arms this could be an issue.

My daughter rode 6 miles in these and didn't complain once. She really liked the protection. The elbow guards took some adjusting, but we have them dialed in.

Fox Racing Youth Titan Race Knee/Shin Guards
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...neeshin-guards
    Help Finding Pads for a Tall 10yr Old Girl / Youth-fox_racing_youth_titan_race_knee_shin_guards_750x750.jpg
    Fox Racing Youth Titan Race Knee/Shin Guards
    Item: P251032 SKU: 904263
    $29.95
    Item #: 904263

Offering zero restrictions and ultimate comfort, the Fox Titan Youth Race Knee/Shin Guards are a must-have from the Titan series. Now incorporating a Posi-Lock clip system, these guards bring you vented, leg-specific performance with full knee and shin coverage.

Features:
    • One-time adjust Posi-Lock strap system
    • Soft vented bio-foam chasis
    • Elastic straps with VELCROŽ brand closure adjustments

Fox Racing Youth Titan Race Elbow Guards
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...e-elbow-guards
    Help Finding Pads for a Tall 10yr Old Girl / Youth-fox_racing_youth_titan_race_elbow_guards_black_750x750.jpg
    Item: P251037 SKU: 904271
    $26.95
    Item #: 904271

The mid-line Fox Titan Race Elbow guards feature substantial coverage. Full elbow and forearm coverage placed on the same chassis as the Titan Pro series ensures your outer-most points are wrapped and ready.

Features:
    • Plastic elbow,forearm and tricep coverage
    • Elastic strap System with VELCROŽ brand closures adjustment
    • Soft bio-foam chassis
    • Silicone print on bio-foam keeps guards in place