HELP - 661 Recon replacement- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

HELP - 661 Recon replacement

I like to replace my helmets every two years and I have currently have a Six Six One Recon (not Scout) that fits me great, is light, and well ventilated but it is a 2013 version.

It looks like this helmet is no longer in production, however it still seems 661 still makes the Scout version without the Boa system.

Can anyone that has had this helmet and has moved onto something else recommend a similar helmet?

The reason I am asking is I have been trying other helmets without much success.

For example, I recently bought the the IXS Trail RS which totally does not stay in place on my head, and I just picked up the brand new Mavic Crossmax pro which although a bit better, just isn't working. It too moves side to side no matter how tight I have the closure.

I also have the Bell Super, but I rarely use the full face version and in open face mode seems a bit heavy and not very ventilated for hot months.

Thanks
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.

Ride More - Suffer Less
    I went from the 661 Recon to a 6D ATB-1T, its my go to helmet now except for night rides. I did get a 661 EVO AM prior to the 6D and while the retention system was top notch I just couldn't get over the lack of visor adjustment which was basically none. Too many head scuffs due to lack of low obstacle visibility forced me to retire that thing.

I did a write up on the 6D here: https://www.facebook.com/TraxFactory...94849603891457