• 04-18-2010
    mtb4123
    Helmet With Visor Or Without
    Im am soon investing in a new helmet and was wondering what everyone thinks out of a visored helmet or a helmet with no visor???
  • 04-18-2010
    slowlybutsurly
    Personal preference. Either one will work. What's important is proper fit.

By the way, for what mtbiking discipline?
  • 04-18-2010
    mtb4123
    Sorry about that, and yes MTB
  • 04-18-2010
    highdelll
    lycra=no visor
    baggies=visor
    :D
  • 04-18-2010
    vegasjeep
    I always run a visor
  • 04-18-2010
    indydog
    wish mine had one
  • 04-18-2010
    SwampDonkeyDisco
    I don't like the current trend towards visorless.....its like going from bi-pedal to hunched over again!
  • 04-18-2010
    Eddie Mudster
    Helmets with no visors are usually worn by BMX... I mean Dirt Jumpers. They are very stylish when combined with girls jeans, t-shirts and hooded sweatshirts. The other group that chooses the helmet with no visor are Neo-Hans-Rey extreme bikers that prefer the hardcore Delta Force look.
  • 04-18-2010
    Maadjurguer
    frankly...I can't live without a visor....if they only made helmets without visors, I'd always wear a cycling cap underneath the helmet. I'm always adjusting my visor up or down to keep glare down on rides late in the afternoon.....they're not just a fashion statement.
  • 04-18-2010
    s62
    Visor. I've found it really, really useful for blocking the sun from getting in my eyes. Definitely go for it.
  • 04-18-2010
    perttime
    I've learned to like a visor. I just rode about 20 km mainly towards the setting sun and kept wishing I'd taken the visored helmet for some sunshade. I suppose a visor can sometimes keep twigs and stuff out of your face too, if your trail passes through some dense vegetation.

I'd take a visorless helmet that fits great over a visored one that is uncomfortable, though.
  • 04-18-2010
    b-kul
    visor. it looks cooler. end of story.
  • 04-18-2010
    Affe
    two very important reasons I couldn't live without the visor: blocking sun and blocking branches from hitting your face.
  • 04-18-2010
    Alun_buildyourbicycle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by highdelll
    lycra=no visor
    baggies=visor

what he said :thumbsup: :cool:
  • 04-18-2010
    VTSession
    I like the vizor on my Giro Hex and on my Smith ski helmet. Problem is visor is often too short to make a huge difference,
  • 04-18-2010
    USMarines98
    My Giro has a visor that will adjust so its a win win. I usually wear it down to keep the sun out and catch the spider webs.
  • 04-18-2010
    dysfunction
    In addition to being able to adjust many.. you can also generally remove them too.
  • 04-18-2010
    jeffgre_6163
    Visor
    As well as the sun and branches it also keeps rain off your glass or outa your eyes

Screw fashion
  • 04-18-2010
    womble
    It depends on if it's an All Mountain visor or an XC visor.
  • 04-18-2010
    spcarter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by highdelll
    lycra=no visor
    baggies=visor

what he said
  • 04-18-2010
    Dr.Zoidberg
    Visor - what are you a roadie?!?