Helmet Visor

Printable View

• 06-29-2009
    ronbo613
    Helmet Visor
    I did a bit of a faceplant on my last ride and lost the visor of my Bell Slant helmet. Anybody know where I can get a replacement visor?
  • 06-29-2009
    pop_martian
    I bet Bell would just send you one for free. Although you should probably retire the helmet you crashed in, per the manufacturer's recommendation.
  • 06-29-2009
    ronbo613
    Pretty sure the visor and my face took the brunt of the fall, the helmet is OK.
  • 06-29-2009
    net wurker
    Maybe go back to where you faceplanted and have a look around. You may find your original, and it may be intact.
  • 06-29-2009
    net wurker
    BTW, I'm glad to hear that you were able to save your helmet from any abuse, by using your face to "take the brunt of the fall". :D
  • 06-29-2009
    ronbo613
    All I can say is three pints of IPA and a knarly downhill do not go together that well.
  • 06-29-2009
    highdelll
    Just a note for future reference...
    I broke my last helmet (Gyro - Havoc...didn't crash- bike just fell over on it :madman:)
    and I stripped off the usable stuff: visor, straps etc for my replacement Havoc just incase I ever had a situation such as you are having now.
  • 06-29-2009
    pop_martian
    I broke the Roc Loc mechanism on my Giro. Called them and they sent me a new one for free. Oh Bell and Giro are owned by the same company too.
  • 06-29-2009
    highdelll
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pop_martian
    ...Oh Bell and Giro are owned by the same company too.

Yeah, for some reason, some people on this board equate Bell w/ crap - I've never seen a M/Cr or racecar driver w/ a Giro :p
    - still, companies make stuff of all different levels - so don't go off of names (the Walmart Bells have to pass the same tests as LBS Giros).

Gyros from the street corner are also good - oh wait...different gyro/giro -

-digression king