Helmet suggestion for 2010 Trek 6700?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Helmet suggestion for 2010 Trek 6700?

Hi. This looks like a great forum! I am new to biking and I just picked up a 2010 Trek 6700 (Series 6). I was wondering what would be an appropriate helmet? I found these two made by Giro. I thought that they might be acceptable and their colors would match my bike. Both helmets are under $50.00. Even though this is a mountain bike I have been doing a lot of riding on pavement around town. It's a fast bike or maybe I peddle fast. BTW, some friends are laughing at me... they think it's [email protected] to wear a helmet. One said he won't ride with me. LOL! I told him better safe than sorry. Below are the 2 Giro choices and the bike. Thanks for the help!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Alaskan in exile.

If it was me...

I would go with the first helmet with the visor in front. I own two helmets; one with a visor for MTBing, one without for my roadie. I definitely prefer having a visor. As for your buddy who won't ride with you if you wear a helmet? Tell him that you won't ride with him when he's in the wheelchair from his head injury!
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    friends laughing at you for wearing a helmet are not friends at all.

All helmets meet the same exact safety standards, so it's a matter of how it fits and how comfortable you are wearing it. I believe the visor is removable, so I would suggest the one with the visor for you. You always have the option of taking it off.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    yeah safety first.
    the one with the visor looks sweeter

mtbr member
    Friends don't let friends ride without a helmet.

+4. the one with the visor will be my choice.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I want to thank everyone that responded! It is much appreciated! Both had a good fit. I ended up going with the visor.

All fat, all the time.
    Yah pick the one that fits the best. a comfortable helmet is very important.

Your friends need to grow up about the "no helmet" jokes.....

I had a bad wreck a couple months back, bad enough to crack my helmet, got a concussion, and lost my memory for about 4 hours. Without the helmet I probably wouldn't have made it out of the woods.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Met Parachute, just got one and it offers the front protection that your teeth will thank you for but is not too heavy to wear around while pedaling.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark
    Yah pick the one that fits the best. a comfortable helmet is very important.

Your friends need to grow up about the "no helmet" jokes.....

I had a bad wreck a couple months back, bad enough to crack my helmet, got a concussion, and lost my memory for about 4 hours. Without the helmet I probably wouldn't have made it out of the woods.
    I hear ya! I had a concussion once that lasted a few weeks. A young kid plowed in to my truck almost head on @ 60+ mph according to the accident report. The state trooper told me if I had been in a car I would have been done. I keep telling the one guy in particular that all it takes is one time and that could be it. The goof knows I am on blood thinners and that makes it even more important for me to wear a helmet. I am wearing it... people can say whatever they want.

mtbr member
    I'm liking how those new 6700s look. My 05 doesn't looking nearly as good.

Members who have read this thread: 0