Helmet for a small head- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Helmet for a small head

I'm having a heck of a time finding a helmet that fits. My head isn't misshapen or deformed or anything like that but none of the helmets I've tried on recently fit correctly. All the helmets I try are either too wide or too tall. I've been wearing a specialized sub zero helmet from 1998 that fits great but it's time has passed. I cannot find a similar helmet that doesn't sit high on the head. Anyone have any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudnut
    I'm having a heck of a time finding a helmet that fits. My head isn't misshapen or deformed or anything like that but none of the helmets I've tried on recently fit correctly. All the helmets I try are either too wide or too tall. I've been wearing a specialized sub zero helmet from 1998 that fits great but it's time has passed. I cannot find a similar helmet that doesn't sit high on the head. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Similar situation here.

Giro used to make a size called 2xs/xs. Their new sizes seem to be just S/M/L. You can still find them on ebay or floating around randomly

I use a Hammerhead 2xs/xs from several years ago. Maybe slightly dated but not as bad as a 1998!

mtbr member
    Giro's size small fits but it's shape just isn't right. it's too tight on the front and back of the head and the sides have a big gap.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Giro's size small fits but it's shape just isn't right. it's too tight on the front and back of the head and the sides have a big gap.
    Have you tried size small Bell?

mtbr member
    The Mets are quite slimline and good for small heads. I use Stradivarious and it is just right for my small head, it seems to be the most slimline helmet I tried compared with Giro and Bell.

I always bleed like this.
    I think you need to look at specialized again. I have the same problem and though I don't know the model it is a specialized adjustable in small and it fits my noggin perfect. It was about $50 and I picked it up from Bikesource.

MTB Rider
    I think you're going to have to accept that helmets are not meant to fit like gloves. Gloves are soft and pliable, helmets are rigid.

Any (decent) modern helmet has some type of retention system that will keep the thing in the correct position to absorb an impact. Buy the one that feels the best and then forget about it.

Mar 2004
    Hey look! I went a WHOLE DAY without saying anything!

---------
    (Heh heh, heh heh heh. I said WHOLE!)

Members who have read this thread: 0