Helmet size question- Mtbr.com

Apr 2008

Helmet size question

I tried on helmets at a few of my LBS, but they didn't have the size/colors that I was looking for so I ordered a Giro Animas online. According to my head measurement I ordered a large.
    Got the helmet yesterday and I can adjust it to nearly its tightest setting and get it to fit me comfortably.
    My question is: Is the actual outside size/profile of the helmet itself a lot bigger from one size up to the next? This thing looks HUGE! I feel like a mushroom head with it on.
    Would ordering the medium reduce the profile of the helmet by much? I'm sure a medium would also fit.

Is vanity getting the best of me and should I just forget how huge it looks on my head and ride, or should I swap it out for a smaller one or a lower profile style all together?

mtbr member
    I agree Animas is a poufy, mushroomy thing. Go to your LBS (or the next one down the road) and try on any of the higher-end Giros that have same fit system. Then you'll know whether or not to do the exchange. Most (but not all) women are size s/m. For less of a mushroom look try the Fox Flux. Fox rocks!!!
    Bionically Modified

Members who have read this thread: 0