Helmet question- Mtbr.com

Thread: Helmet question

mtbr member

Helmet question

I posted this in the advocacy thread...probably not the right place so I'll ask the injured what they think...

I was out riding at Santos in Central Florida this morning and came back to my truck to watch a guy with three friends (1 guy, 2 girls) getting ready for a ride. The guy had a nice set-up and was dressed to the nines, the friends were not decked out but they looked like they were ready for a fun day. The guy had a helmet but his friends did not. My friend and I were a little perturbed by this. We won't let our own friends ride without helmets. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to piss anybody off but I was just wondering what I should do if I encounter the situation again? I don't want anybody getting hurt out there.

Thanks

mtbr member
    You're right to be concerned about people not alway taking unsolicited advice well. I would suggest going over to them and make small talk and casually suggesting that they ride carefully due to the fact that they are not wearing helmets. That way it doesn't come accross as pushing your oppinion but rather that you have some reasonable concern.

Members who have read this thread: 0