Helmet Issues- Mtbr.com

Thread: Helmet Issues

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Helmet Issues

All,

Anybody out there have this problem with their helmet? When it is on my head in the shop or at home it is very snug, comfortable and very nice fitting. The problem is when I get on the trail and I start to look up. I guess there is too much fat on the back of my neck and it pushes the helmet forward restricting my view. I end up taking my visor off because it is in the way.

Any helmets out that you guys know of that don't go far down on the back of your head or any other fixed you have come up with?

Thanks,

Ken.

Slave to the grind

hmmmm

for me, my straps start off tight and then loosen when i start riding.

i think my sweat stretches the straps?

its just a theory..

i had a helmet shift forward for me on rides so i end up taking off my visor on that one as as well when i do DH. but i think i attribute that more to poor helmet fit.

you can try overcompensating (overtightening) whatever head size adjuster thing you have on the back of your brain bucket and see if it feels better as the ride progesses.
    Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low, that is the tempo.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

I guess there are not many like me

Thanks Cherrybomber,

I was hoping more had this problem, but now I see it is not a helmet flaw and really just my head. It looks like trying to adjust the helmet is really the only oprion I have right so I will give that another go.

Thanks again.

Ken.

Slave to the grind

no problem man

you could try adjusting the helmet fit so its compensated already for the on bike "attack" position vs. your adjustment which you probably did in front of the mirror standing straight up.

dont worry its not your head's fault. its the helmet. you consider another brand? different brands are really built for different types of heads...

in any case your not alone in helmet woes- i havent found a full face to fit my melon and ive been looking for years.
    Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low, that is the tempo.

Members who have read this thread: 1