Helmet irritation- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Helmet irritation

I've noticed that the more I ride, the more my forehead is breaking out. I am
    contributing it to my helmet rubbing my head since I've never had acne or anything and I'm 32. I'm wearing a Fox Flux lid.

Has anyone else experienced this or have some tips to prevent it?

BMF
    Oct 2007
    Some things that could help:
    - Clean the pads and straps on your helmet regularly. You can fill a bucket with soapy water and dunk it, squeezing out the pads, etc. Rinse with fresh water and air-dry.
    - Invest in a sweatband like "headsweats" which could help

I tend to get problems in the eyebrows myself. It's somewhat inevitable if you ride a lot, since sweat can tend to build up grime and salt clogging pores, leading to breakouts. My theory is that anything you can do to soak up the sweat before it carries stuff from your scalp onto your forehead the better. Otherwise sweat is just pulling hair product, dead skin cells and all sorts of stuff from your scalp along for the ride and it's building up. Pads in your helmet will soak up a lot of it, but if you don't clean the pads they lose effectiveness.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by trap121 View Post
    I've noticed that the more I ride, the more my forehead is breaking out. I am
    contributing it to my helmet rubbing my head since I've never had acne or anything and I'm 32. I'm wearing a Fox Flux lid.

Has anyone else experienced this or have some tips to prevent it?
    Does it fit well? Sounds like it may be too tight front to back putting undue pressure on your forehead.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    I get that at least once every summer because I don't wash my pads till that happens. lol. When I wash the pads, I also clean inside of my helmet (without pads) with soap.
    Ghisallo Wheels

I'm really good looking.

Members who have read this thread: 0