Helmet Help....

Printable View

• 02-01-2006
    ktmsx
    Helmet Help....
    Can anybody show me a link to a nice full face helmet for XC. I found one on ridemonkey a giro switchblade that nobody is sure if they still make...I have dirtbike helmets but I just want one for night riding.. I also saw on E-bay an face attachment for regular helmets made by Troy Lee but no more infe around..???? Nobody wears a full face for XC..??????... I can't believe there is not a lot to choose from..Thanks in advance..
  • 02-01-2006
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    full carbon helmets by 661 are rally light and nice...I love mine

http://www.sixsixone.com/catalog.asp...f8543e&pl=BIKE
  • 02-01-2006
    shiggy
    The new Specialized full face is as close to an XC helmet as I have seen.
  • 02-01-2006
    Martin.au
    I'm interested in this thread too. People might think you look silly but getting dental work done after a stack would be less amusing.
  • 02-01-2006
    smw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shiggy
    The new Specialized full face is as close to an XC helmet as I have seen.

Ditto on the new Specialized
  • 02-01-2006
    Biker75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ktmsx
    Can anybody show me a link to a nice full face helmet for XC. I found one on ridemonkey a giro switchblade that nobody is sure if they still make...I have dirtbike helmets but I just want one for night riding.. I also saw on E-bay an face attachment for regular helmets made by Troy Lee but no more infe around..???? Nobody wears a full face for XC..??????... I can't believe there is not a lot to choose from..Thanks in advance..

Here you GO KTMSX.
    This one isn't made and/or serviced in the states, but I've read good things, for what its meant for.
    I'm in a similar situation you are, but want a bit more protection and the backing of the company I buy from, so I have opted for THIS ONE
    The reviews I've read seem to be kinda what you're looking for, plus it is avail easily thru your spesh dealer. I Just ordered one for $117 (non carbon-I've read its only like 50 grams heavier than the carbon one!!).
  • 02-02-2006
    ktmsx
    nice find on E-bay...I searched there also but did not find that.....I looked at the specialized ...looks good ..on their site that is the only one that says [not in stock] ..I will end up with one quick..My friend that was with me Tues. ordered one Wed.. he said that was the worse crash he has ever seen with out someone getting lumped up..I am going to get one for my night rides for sure...I am far from the fastest guy out there but I enjoy obstacles and do not like to go around anything...thanks for the input....
  • 02-02-2006
    shiggy
    Most Specialized dealers have the helmet. The ones closest to me had them in stock when the Spec web site was out.