helmet head anyone?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

helmet head anyone?

Any time I'm done with a ride I pull up to my car... take a drink.. and then for the moment of glory ..when i take off my helmet and my hair has ridiculous huge ridges (that dont go away for hours) from the helmet.

I don't really see anyone else's hair do this, must be my hair length. Is anyone else honored to say they suffer from a severe case of helmet head? lol or is it just me??

~Disc~Golf~
    I usually get a pretty good 'tri-hawk' when my hair is a bit longer than it is now
    Honestly... ahh I give up

I'm SUCH a square....
    I like to keep my hair buzzed short, almost stubble; the 'helmet hair' is what I use to let myself know when it's time to buzz again....
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

ride like you stole it
    Nov 2007
    I've got big poofy curly hair and when I'm done, if you look close enough, you can see where all the vent holes are on my helmet.

Pretty much impossible to get rid of since where my helmet touches my head the hair gets wet from sweat and sticks down but all the other hair stays dry.
    I lubed my disc brakes because they squeaked.
    Man was that fun to work out

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I noticed this for the first time the other week. I had it going on pretty good. Maybe I'll try to get a pic next time I'm out.

mtbr member
    I've got thick coarse hair and no matter what length I have it, I get major helmet hair. Everyone else looks fine after a ride, but I get the double mohawk.

May 2009
    I am about to go bald, so I have no "helmet head" problem.

Currently in Exile
    Quote Originally Posted by chanc2
    I am about to go bald, so I have no "helmet head" problem.
    I hear that HAT takes care of that problem pretty well. I can speak from personal experience that it works pretty well on Helmet Head as well.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i am in that club rock the "tri-hawk" i like to use that as a badge of honor of sort

Members who have read this thread: 0