helmet that flows most air??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

helmet that flows most air??

I have a Bell influx now,looking for max air flow as it is hot as hell in florida.

is buachail foighneach me
    look at road helmets. check rbr. they've got the best airflow by far.

Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vizsladog
    I have a Bell influx now,looking for max air flow as it is hot as hell in florida.

i love the bell influx! im surprised you need more air flow.. but if you can find one please let me know.. im interested! thanks!

trying to ride
    Sep 2005
    I use a Giro Hex and like it alot... I too live in swampy Fl

Noli Me Tangere
    Jul 2008
    my 'good' helmet is the Specialized Tactic.

Lots of vents and I've gotten comments from my friends about it having full of 'holes'... LOL

Cheaper than the Fox Flux too.
    Annie are you ok? Are you ok, Annie?

mtbr member
    Dats a good helmet, it's what I wear (I have 2 I like them so much) and I find it's vents bvery numerous and big. As said if you want more/bigger vents check the more racing oriented or road helmets, but they'll cost ya afew $$ more

Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I also like the Bell helmets. I've just got a commuter one, and it's pretty reasonable. I also suggest sweatband, and moving out of that hell-with-palm-trees (I can say this because I was born and raised in Florida, and to this day I wonder why I waited 28 years to get the hell outta there!).

saddlemeat
    The Fox Flux I got recently feels like it has more air movement than any previous helmet I've used in some 22 years of riding.
    I ride with the best dogs.

Expert Crasher
    I second the road bike helmet suggestion.

I've got a Fox Flux, Giro XEN, a Giro Transfer and recently picked up a new Bell Volt. The Bell Volt is definitely the best/coolest for the noggin. The Catlike helmet team Cervelo wears looks great and has a plethora of air scoops - I bet it flows well.

I was considering the Specy S-works and Giro Animas/Ionos, however, the Bell Volt fit best. Fortunately, there were some LBSs in town that had all these models in stock so I could try them all on multiple times.

FWIW - Team SaxoBank rides w/ the Bell Volt.
    http://www.roadbikeaction.com/fly.as...id=122&cid=301
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Members who have read this thread: 0