Helmet Cameras - Please Help!- Mtbr.com

Nov 2005

New question here. Helmet Cameras - Please Help!

I need to purchase a helmet camera as soon as possible. I am heading to Colorado to do some riding on November 16th, so I will need the camera before then. I don't really want to spend more than $230 on a helmet cam, but I still want to find one that is durable, with decent quality and resolution. I would also like it to come with a remote control or an on/off switch, if possible.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what kind of camera I should get? If anyone could let me know which websites to look at, that would be great.

Thanks!

Faller - Expert Class

Not a camera site but...

This site is not a camera site, but he does go through what setup he uses, and it seems to work really well. Check out some of his videos, and go from there. Hope this helps some!

www.petefagerlin.com
    BMC FourStroke

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188a
    well just get your asses some juicy 7s and huck down a mountain. thoose v brakes will snap like my butt

Nothing here
    I have a cam from xtremerecall.com and it works well. Its got 520 lines of resolution and you can buy a remote for it too.

mtbr dismember
    See my video how to page

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Has anyone tried the Samsung Sports Camcorder X now being advertised in the bike mags?

http://product.samsung.com/event/opt...portscam_site/

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Has anyone tried the Samsung Sports Camcorder X now being advertised in the bike mags?

http://product.samsung.com/event/opt...portscam_site/
    Yup... check out the link in my sig to DL some videos I made with the samsung camera, 1gb card and iMovie. Most of them are at 30-60mb DL's, 3-9 minutes with music.

Favorite videos are probably cheap thrills, galbraith & khyber pass.

mini-review: The samsungs video quality is good, but not as good as a mini-DV camera. It also suffers in low light conditions or bumpy terrain where the stabilizer gets overwhelmed. despite all that, it has some great things going for it. No moving parts, water resistant, extra batteries are very small and cheap, and recording can be stopped/started while riding using the lapel remote which features an LED to let you know whats happening. I've endoe'd hard on mine several times (check out the whistler and Galbraith videos), ridden northshore trails in the rain, and it doesn't even flinch. You can get a 2gb card now for under $100, plus the camera has 512mb built in, thats about 1.5 hrs of video. I never feel like the samsung interferes with my riding- it's very simple and user freindly. The hardest part is probably just getting the aim dialled in right. All in all I'm very happpy with it.

Members who have read this thread: 0