helmet camera problem- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,582

    helmet camera problem

    don't know how many of you all do filming but I thought i might be able to get some insight as i know of at least a few of you, like pete, that do it.

    been using my helmet camera (this one: www.helmetcamera.com) for about 1.5 years or so. snowboarding mtb all good results.

    just got back from a filming session (this one happened be snowboarding) and i have a complete malfunction of the camera.

    the camera basically displays a series of erratic horizontal lines that can be altered a bit by tapping on the cam or wiggling the wire in the back.

    the casing that it comes in is pretty bomb proof so i don't think i could have knocked it. it just seems to have fallen over dead.

    anyone else have a problem like this?

    p.s. the thing is way past warranty.

  2. #2
    aka greyranger
    Reputation: redranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by mergs
    don't know how many of you all do filming but I thought i might be able to get some insight as i know of at least a few of you, like pete, that do it.

    been using my helmet camera (this one: www.helmetcamera.com) for about 1.5 years or so. snowboarding mtb all good results.

    just got back from a filming session (this one happened be snowboarding) and i have a complete malfunction of the camera.

    the camera basically displays a series of erratic horizontal lines that can be altered a bit by tapping on the cam or wiggling the wire in the back.

    the casing that it comes in is pretty bomb proof so i don't think i could have knocked it. it just seems to have fallen over dead.

    anyone else have a problem like this?

    p.s. the thing is way past warranty.
    You probably have a short in the cord where it enteres the camera housing

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,582
    Quote Originally Posted by redranger
    You probably have a short in the cord where it enteres the camera housing
    hmmm... just a clarification...

    do you mean that the wire has come loose inside the housing, off of a contact inside or something, -or- the wires inside the housing/insulation have broken.

    thanks!

  4. #4
    aka greyranger
    Reputation: redranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by mergs
    hmmm... just a clarification...

    do you mean that the wire has come loose inside the housing, off of a contact inside or something, -or- the wires inside the housing/insulation have broken.

    thanks!
    It could be either or both.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,582
    Quote Originally Posted by redranger
    It could be either or both.
    I opened up the sumbeetch last night. Totally unserviceable as far as I can see.

    Thanks for the reply. I think that the best bet for me is to call helmetcam up and see if they'll service it for $$.

    At least I got 3 vids from it this season.

    Does not seem right that a $200 + helmetcam should crap out after 18 months of moderate use.

Similar Threads

  1. shimano 11 tooth cog problem
    By toad in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 03:21 PM
  2. Avid mechs - housing question / problem...
    By DSR in forum Brake Time
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 12:29 AM
  3. Sugar 3+ Drive Train problem / question HELP!
    By mattstep in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 01:42 PM
  4. Helmet cam ???s
    By Buck in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 10:25 PM
  5. Looking into a Helmet Camera, but am uneducated.
    By Burpethead in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 07:48 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.