helmet camera noob- Mtbr.com
    don't move for trees

helmet camera noob

i just got some money for Christmas, and i want to get a helmet cam. i don't know much about video cameras, but i can learn easy. I was looking around under the search, and found a bunch about what people used, but i don't know how to make heads or tails of any of it. so what i want to know, i A: what all do i need? and B whats a good setup, with mid to high quality video, for a resonable price?
    thanks
    "Get a bicycle.You will not regret it if you live." Mark Twain

weirdo
    Hey, BKn- imagine seeing you here! Why don`t you talk to Craigstr? He`s close by and seems to do an outstanding job with his camera. As a side bene to being so close, he could probably give you some hands on so you can post videos of some of the nice trails around here too! (we really need some of Mr Toad`s)
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    For he best results, if you have a small video camera with video/audio input, you can pick up a bullet camera system for a couple hundred. I have one of these and it does pretty good, mostly. Video quality is good. The downsides are you have to tote around a bunch of stuff and find a way to nicely manage lots of wires. Also to start and stop recording is a pain (unless you drop more money and get a remote type deal).

Your other option is one of those solid state lower resolution jobbies like the tony hawk helmet cams - though quality is not going to be stellar, but for the price some of them look to be ok (though I admit I have no experience with these).

Hope something there helps....
    Crankfire.com / New Englandish Mountain Biking Community

don't move for trees
    ok, so i've been doing a little looking around and found this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

it seems good, i think, still trying to learn about these things. what i'm most interested in, is its miniDV and from what i've read is the best set up for helmet cams, am i correct in say this? also it has 525 TV lines, its the highest i can find for under 300, should a go higher? or is 525 enough, or could i get away with 500 and save 40 bucks?
    "Get a bicycle.You will not regret it if you live." Mark Twain

Members who have read this thread: 0