Helmet cam ???s- Mtbr.com

Thread: Helmet cam ???s

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Helmet cam ???s

Looking to get a Helmet camera in the near future. I was looking at Viosport, and Helmet Camera Extreme. The Extreme has 480 lines of resolution while the Viosport has 380 lines. What exactly does that mean??? Is there that big of a difference??? What company would you recommend? Any other advice/comments/suggestions/ input. is welcome!!!
    Thanks
    L8R
    Buck

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck
    Looking to get a Helmet camera in the near future. I was looking at Viosport, and Helmet Camera Extreme. The Extreme has 480 lines of resolution while the Viosport has 380 lines. What exactly does that mean??? Is there that big of a difference??? What company would you recommend? Any other advice/comments/suggestions/ input. is welcome!!!
    Thanks
    L8R
    Buck
    You can pick up a 480line lipstick cam kit for abou $200 including shipping from www.rfconcepts.com.

Not sure on the how much of a quality difference between 380 and 480 except about 25% more lines.

Feb 2004

more lines= better

Looking to get a Helmet camera in the near future. I was looking at Viosport, and Helmet Camera Extreme. The Extreme has 480 lines of resolution while the Viosport has 380 lines. What exactly does that mean???
    Thanks
    L8R
    Buck
    get the 480 line kit.. more lines of resolution gives a clearer image.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Don't even consider the low res camera. Check out sportzshot.com. I have been abusing one for almost 2 years now. Get the wide angle and the remote.

Its only 1" on the map!
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.
    You can pick up a 480line lipstick cam kit for abou $200 including shipping from www.rfconcepts.com.

Not sure on the how much of a quality difference between 380 and 480 except about 25% more lines.
    I'll second the 480 line model from RF Concepts. I bought the 380 line model from helmetcamera.com (before the 480 was available). If I had to do it over again I would go with RFconcepts strictly based on price. Another poster talked about a remote.
    If I was going to buy any accessory for the lipstick setup, it would be the LANC remote cable. The biggest pain of the lipstick is digging in and out of your pack to start and stop recording. And because it is in your pack, an IR remote (if your camcorder came with one) will not "reach". Additionally you always have to orchestrate taking off your helmet and pack at the same time just to stop an start recording. The remote cable gives you both control of the camcorder and and visual indication of you recording. One common thing folks also have to do is devise something to keep the record button on the camcorder from being pressed with it is in your pack. Simply things like weight shifts and bumps can cause stuff in your pack to press the button. You just have to be imaginative there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    the link rfconcepts.com doesn't work, thanks for the info. Keep it coming.
    L8R
    Buck

Its only 1" on the map!
    the link rfconcepts.com doesn't work, thanks for the info. Keep it coming.
    L8R
    Buck
    Try this one RF Concepts