helmet cam recording device?- Mtbr.com
    Calm Like a Bomb

helmet cam recording device?

i've been looking at some vid cams to film some rides....the "camera" is only a lens so they say u it must be plugged into a recording device in order to capture video. would i be able to plug this into my digital camera and have it on film mode???.....will the quality of recording be that of my digi cam or the lens on the video cam??

banned
    Sep 2005
    Digital cameras generally don't have A/V inputs. You'll need a dedicated camcorder.

Quality is dictated first by the capacity of the lipstick camera (number of lines of resolution) and then by the camera recording the image. If you get crap into the camera, it will record crap. If you have a fantastic signal into a crappy camera, it will still be pretty bad.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me here...

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    it's not that hard to get an entire camcorder atop or on side the helmet; and the image quality will be vastly improved.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    it's not that hard to get an entire camcorder atop or on side the helmet; and the image quality will be vastly improved.
    While this is true, I am certainly not willing to put my DCR80 at risk on my helmet (knowing the way I ride and am rough on gear). It's also rather unpleasant to have all that weight on my head.

Members who have read this thread: 0