Helmet-Cam footage of Endurance events?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Helmet-Cam footage of Endurance events?

I'm starting base training for the coming year. Living in the frozen north, this will involve lots of time on the rollers watching videos on my PC. I really like training to the first person video in Roam and some of the other popular MTB videos. That got me to thinking, how cool would it be to train to footage of the courses that I'll be riding this year.

So, does anyone have some helmet-cam/first-person footage of popular endurance events long enough for a 1-2 hour training ride? Of particular interest is a lap of the 24-hours of Big Bear.

Is this something that anyone else is interested in? Perhaps I could work on getting this footage this year.

mtbr member
    It's odd timing that you posted this, I just put something in the "Videos" forum looking for long-ish videos to use on my indoor training rides as well. Hopefully we can get some hits on either of these, makes the indoor training a little more bearable.
    The Race Bike: 2014 Specialized Camber Evo XX1

Grip it and rip it.
    There was i good site i joined where you could watch helmet came footage of endurage race laps for free, but i cant for the life of me remember the name of it. Im sure someone else will know it.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

michaelmblog.wordpress.com

Grip it and rip it.
    Here is helmet cam footage of a lap in a race in the UK called Bontrager twentyfour12, its by a standard rider not a pro, so you get a good feel of the event.

Was a nice course, one steeep longish climb!!

"Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

michaelmblog.wordpress.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks for the post Damitletsride! There seems to be a lot of footage on Vimeo, just will take a while to find what I'm looking for. Thank goodness I just installed a wireless router.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Link to about 90% of the lap at the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo that I shot last Feb. Quality is so-so. Sorry. Just stand away from the screen when watching while riding

Here are some link to the stuff that I watch.....

http://freecaster.tv/nissan-uci-mtb-world-cup-xco-2009

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0355901&hl=en#

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDE1MjI4MjA=.html

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks Jeff. That's a lot of cactus to contend with in Old Pueblo. I imagine riding off-line at night carries some serious risk.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Quote Originally Posted by ErieRider
    Thanks Jeff. That's a lot of cactus to contend with in Old Pueblo. I imagine riding off-line at night carries some serious risk.
    Ha! HUGE risks! Many folks come in from laps with cholla stuck to them

Members who have read this thread: 0