Which helmet cam is best? Viosport or helmetcam.com- Mtbr.com
    I like air!

Which helmet cam is best? Viosport or helmetcam.com

I just ordered a Sony HC42 camcorder now Im trying to figure which remote helmet cam to get. I was originaly looking at the Viosport Adventure Cam 3 because additional lens attachments (wide angle-telephoto). After doing a search I found people were having fogging issues with Viosport cams. Then I was looking at the helmetcam.com which looks good because it has a more rugged casing and is water proof so I figure it shouldnt have fogging issues. But then again Im not sure. Anyone have any experience with them and what works best.

Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse
    I just ordered a Sony HC42 camcorder now Im trying to figure which remote helmet cam to get. I was originaly looking at the Viosport Adventure Cam 3 because additional lens attachments (wide angle-telephoto). After doing a search I found people were having fogging issues with Viosport cams. Then I was looking at the helmetcam.com which looks good because it has a more rugged casing and is water proof so I figure it shouldnt have fogging issues. But then again Im not sure. Anyone have any experience with them and what works best.
    on ebay they have helmet cams for about 110, with 1/4 ccd i think, 420 lines, mic, battery, camera, and a helmet mount. oh yeah, 30 fps

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    on ebay they have helmet cams for about 110, with 1/4 ccd i think, 420 lines, mic, battery, camera, and a helmet mount. oh yeah, 30 fps
    Thanks man. I'm looking at 520 lines or better. Im not so concerned about cost as I am about quality of video.

mtbr member
    I have been using a viosport for years. It rocks

Rocket Scientist
    I have the Adventure cam 3 with the Optional Wide angle Lens.
    It's super nice. I have had 1 minor issue with it so far. The cable that connects the Camera, Power to the CamCorder got a short in it and wouldnt function correctly, I got a new one and it works great again. Other than that, the Video has been super!
    Last edited by bpatterson6; 03-03-2006 at 03:03 PM.

Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse
    Thanks man. I'm looking at 520 lines or better. Im not so concerned about cost as I am about quality of video.
    nm, but to others who want one ebay is a good place. if you want to save money i'd see if you could get it off ebay, it's just an idea.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    How are they achieving the 30fps???
    L8Rz
    Buck

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    I have been using a viosport for years. It rocks
    zachdank and bpatterson6. Either of you guys ever have fogging issues? Does the UV filter do anything? Can the helmet mount be removed and installed on another helmet? Thanks.

N* Bomber Crew
    I don't use either, I use a HoytTech HC-Pro...and its absolutley amazing.

Its better than the competition...it has 580 lines of TV Resolution, a GREAT lens (Pretty wide, but not rediculous) comes with a lot of stuff, and is just very high quality. I reccomend it. On top of all that, its very affordable.

www.hoyttech.com
    (Model: HC Pro)

Did I mention Sony Ex-View?

Big Edit: I run a Sony HC-42, and the HoytTech cam as well. I strongly suggest the helmet cam I got. Its a GREAT product, I can get indepth with it and give you some samples or pictures if you would like. One thing you will want to purchase for your helmet cam setup is a LANC remote control.
    Last edited by Raptordude; 03-04-2006 at 12:36 AM.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

paparazzi tee
    i've got a vio3, got rid of the fogging issue with a nofog cloth,
    havent had any problems since...
    the vio3 & the hoyttech cam both use the same chip,
    hoyttech claims 580, vio claims its 520...
    same thing tho.
    the UV filters definately help the camera from geeking out
    going from sun to shadows, i'd get em.

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    I don't use either, I use a HoytTech HC-Pro...and its absolutley amazing.

Its better than the competition...it has 580 lines of TV Resolution, a GREAT lens (Pretty wide, but not rediculous) comes with a lot of stuff, and is just very high quality. I reccomend it. On top of all that, its very affordable.

www.hoyttech.com
    (Model: HC Pro)

Did I mention Sony Ex-View?

Big Edit: I run a Sony HC-42, and the HoytTech cam as well. I strongly suggest the helmet cam I got. Its a GREAT product, I can get indepth with it and give you some samples or pictures if you would like. One thing you will want to purchase for your helmet cam setup is a LANC remote control.
    Hey Raptordude, thanks for the info. Looks like a good option. Only reason I would stil choose the Viosport is because of the optional lenses. I would be interested in seeing a shot or a video clip from the helmet mount if you have one.

Members who have read this thread: 0